Notifications
Clear all

Poor mans collection

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@1madmonkey)
Topic starter

:mrgreen: I've only been playin' about a year and sad to say I'm not very good. I like everything from christian contemporary to old metallica.

I own a few guitars I'm proud of.

'07 dean dime razorback v standard (mint)
'72 aria custom L.P. copy model No. 5522n (near mint)
'09shecter hellraiser (mint and sweet)
'85 ibanez x series destroyer (mint)
jackson pc 3 (near mint)
'09 ovation applause

and some not so much.

jackson kelly (kinda beat)
saga L.P. kit (mint but suck)
peavy acoustic (spare parts)

I really like to play, but it doesn't come naturally to me like some, but I'll keep trying.
I do however love to collect all and any.

Ps can someone explain to me how to post pics

Thanx,

Kelly7

Posted : 20/09/2009 7:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 21/09/2009 9:35 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, Kelly

Ps can someone explain to me how to post pics
Kelly7
Sure, . . . but you can only post pictures that are on the internet and therefore have a url address.

So, if you wanted to show pictures of your guitars,
1. upload them to a website - A lot of us use http://photobucket.com/ (you'll need to register)
2. once you upload them, right click the image and copy the image location (url address)
3. Come back here to this site and, when you post a message, click on the Img button that you'll see when you post.
4. Paste the image's url address in between the (img) and (/img) brackets.

That probably won't make too much sense until you actually try it . . . . So go ahead and give it a try.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 21/09/2009 10:06 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

To post pics, you need a website, where you can store them. There are many free sites that will do this (photobucket is one)

Modify the image to a reasonable size and bit-depth, then upload it to the website. Most of these sites have tools to help you upload. There is a free image processing tool, called GIMP, that will do everything you'll ever need to your images, including reformatting into another image type (e.g. from BMP to JPG).

To import the image into your post, look at the buttons, above the "post a reply" text box. Towards the right hand side is one marked "Img". If you click on the button, it will insert the start and end tags for the address of your image and look like this:

-ignore the backslashes, they are there to make the tags visible. You can, now, insert the full internet address of your image, which should look something like this " ". Your line should look like this:

- again ignore the backslashes. What you'll see is this

If the image is too large or you have a number of images, you can post a link.
To post a link to an image, look at the buttons, above the "post a reply" text box. Towards the right hand side is one marked "URL". If you click on the button, it will insert the start and end tags for the address of your image, just like the "Img" tags and look like this:

- again, ignore the backslashes. You can, now, insert the full internet address of your image, as before - " ". Your line should look like this:

- again ignore the backslashes. What you'll see is this

You can make the line more friendly and, indeed embed the url into your text, by modifying the URL tags:

[ur l= ]some text[/url] (I've had to insert a space in the url tag to make it visible)

So, here we have some text with the link to my image inserted here and coloured red. Try clicking on the red "here"

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 21/09/2009 10:07 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

You have to upload your pics to a hosting site - photo bucket is free - and then use the Img button when typing a message to post the image link.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/09/2009 10:08 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi and welcome! Nice broad range of musical influences and tastes, and cool guitars too! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 21/09/2009 2:54 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 26/09/2009 4:31 am