Clear all

Savage/Andy

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@savage)
Topic starter

Hello people,
I just joined this forum since the BRB (Big Road Blues) forum went down a few days ago (BTW if anyone knows whats goin on with that, I'd like to know). I've been teachin myself guitar for the past 2 n' a half years or so. I feel a bit more natural on electric (since thats what I learned on), but I've been playing a lot of acoustic in the past few months ( I just got a decent acoustic guitar a few moneths ago). I love acoustic slide guitar, and have been doin a bit of dabbling on the harp lately (harmonica)....(i dont mean to insult anyone, but you can never be too careful). I mainly listen to blues, classic rock, and folk music...(and i guess I've always had a thing for psychadelic rock and funk guitar).

For those who are equipment freaks (I know there gotta be some here)... I use the following: Fender American Deluxe Tele, Ibanez AS-37 Artcore, Squier Affinity Series Strat, Taylor BigBaby acoustic, Johnson 996 Tricone, Fender HotRod DeVille (4x10), Marshall DFX Combo (cant remember the model # right now), Fender Frontman 15G, and last but not least... Hohner Special 20 harps (haha, what else?).

Most importantly: I think music should come from the heart, though it often makes its way through your mind. You can spend a lifetime trying to deny your feelings and thoughts, but time worth-while is acknowledging the torrents inside of you and workin on them.

...And now that I got that outa the way, I wish you all a belated Happy New Year. I don't think the change of the year is a big deal (kinda like celebrating the fact that today is Friday), but change is important and I hope everyone's "new year" goes well. You can't change the past-- you can learn from it though, and what you do today and tomorrow is what matters.

-Andy P.
Florida, US

Andy P.

Posted : 13/01/2006 8:27 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hello Andy-welcome to GN :D Ricochet tells me that he thinks BRB is changing servers, should be back soon, I like BRB myself :D I like acoustic slide, i love electric guitar but I've been playing lots of acoustic lately( including a banjo I got for Christmas) Check out the alternate tuning forum, lots of your buds from BRB over there. --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 13/01/2006 9:01 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Hi Andy. Welcome to GN.

Nice selection of equipment you have there. See if you can find the thread on showing your stuff and post some pics.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 13/01/2006 9:39 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Most importantly: I think music should come from the heart, though it often makes its way through your mind. You can spend a lifetime trying to deny your feelings and thoughts, but time worth-while is acknowledging the torrents inside of you and workin on them.

Well said, you'll make a great addition to GN, Welcome aboard!

Have fun, we do!

If you haven't noticed, we have a forum for slide, heck, we have a forum for just about everything! :wink:

Happy pickin',

Mike

Posted : 13/01/2006 9:48 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

We have a forum for everything ... NOW how true is that :wink:

Welcome to the musical madhouse but remeber GN is heaven :D

Rahul

Posted : 14/01/2006 7:37 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hi, Andy! Another long time Big Road Blues denizen here. Over the Christmas holiday something happened to the Big Road Blues forum so that the logins of a lot of us weren't recognized, including the site's owner, PappyJ (John Watts.) In postings on the "Cheap Seats" section for unregistered users, he expressed hs great displeasure that the company hosting the site was unresponsive to his calls for help. He first said he thought they'd have it fixed shortly after the New Year holiday, then said that he was going to move the forum to a new host. I suspect that either that move's in progress, or that the previous hosting company got wind of the move and took the forum down out of spite. At any rate, I expect it'll be back soon.

I'm glad to see you over here! Come on down to the Slide and Alternate Tunings forum. It's been a bit slow recently, but you'll find some familiar faces from BRB, the IGS forum, the Guitar Player forum, etc. Some good stuff's in there.
:D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 14/01/2006 3:20 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome, Andy.

I've been noticing forums going away. I was a short-lived member of Drum-Dogs and it hasn't been accessible for a couple of weeks now. This one is steadfast and above all, comes complete with quality and a help staff.

Enjoy your time here. You're bound to learn something and most likely will add something.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 14/01/2006 7:26 pm
(@savage)
Topic starter

I suspect that either that move's in progress, or that the previous hosting company got wind of the move and took the forum down out of spite. At any rate, I expect it'll be back soon
:D

well here's to the forum goin back up.

and thanks for the welcome everyone, looks like a good forum to me.

Andy P.

Posted : 16/01/2006 1:14 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I just read a little while ago (from another BRB member who E-mailed John) that he is indeed moving it, and it should be back up soon. But stick around here, too! I'm at home both places. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 16/01/2006 2:05 am