Clear all

Scouser in the house(r)

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yup, I'm Sara. 23. Electric and acoustic guitar.

I've been playing since I was 14, but haven't played for around 4-5 years, for various reasons. My pops taught me to play, so I learned fingerpicking and acoustic stuff from him, country, blues, and a bit of folk. But I already had some John Lee Hooker, BB King and Buddy Guy Cds, so it wasn't long before I was wailing away. Wailing for my folks to buy me an electric guitar, that is.

Once they did, the whole street heard me. Daily.

The blues is still ultimately where its at for me, but I listen to and play a wide range of music (listen more than play, I've yet to actually learn any of the Israeli folk music I occasionally put on).

The important stuff - I love my strat, not least because I paid for it. But my Epiphone LP is sweet, too. As for acoustics, I play my pops' Ovation, which he gave to me after I bought him the special flight case for it, and his beat up old classical guitar which he rescued from a skip. Its a wreck and laughable to look at, but as far as I'm concerned, has the nicest tone of any classical guitar I've ever played.

I do, however, plan to add a Martin D15 and a Golden Tiger to the mix. And maybe a '59 LP, Tele, and Jeff Beck strat - but only after that multi-platinum album, of course, lol.

Right now, I'm listening to Robben Ford and Joe Diorio playing on a jazzy-bllues album - really nice.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 15/10/2007 12:37 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I'm also an idiot.

I meant to mention that I'm from Liverpool, England, though I have also resided in Oxford, London and Coventry (albeit very briefly). Just in case anyone isn't familiar with the 'scouser' term

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 15/10/2007 12:41 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'm one who had no idea what "scouser" meant. :?

Welcome to GN anyways! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 15/10/2007 1:34 am
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

Welcome to the site. I'm just in the process of booking a holiday to Liverpool as my sister lives there.

Start working on that platinum album.

Regards,
Paul

Posted : 15/10/2007 6:37 am
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome Sara. Sounds like you have a lot of great background. Can't wait to see your posts in the future!

Posted : 15/10/2007 6:09 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Sara! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our Women's forum, "The Other Side"!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/10/2007 10:14 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks all,

Yeah I've already dropped by The Other Side.

And talking of stories......

I just found out that the son of a guy my dad taught to play guitar years back has just moved to Liverpool (from Holland) to study music, of all things. Will have to get in touch wit him and sort a jam session out.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 17/10/2007 4:53 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Welcome Sara to GN :D.

Posted : 20/10/2007 2:51 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome th GN, Sara from the sunny south coast.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 21/10/2007 6:12 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Greetings from another Merseysider (although you'd probably consider me a woollyback!) from about 15 miles down the road. Been a Beatles fan since I was a little kid, and been a Liverpool fan about as long, since the days of Hunt and St John and Big Ron and the Flying Pig and....well, ask yer dad!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/10/2007 12:07 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

um, my dad was a Manc. :roll: Yeah, I never understood why, either. But he did get me playing guitar, so he wasn't all bad. :lol:

I believe it was Bill Shankley who once said, "some people think football is a matter of life and death....it is much more serious than that." how true, especially hen Torres is injured for our Euro Champs match. :cry:

I'm currently in the Beatles' area of Liverpool, about 30 mins walk from Penny Lane and Strwaberry Fields and all that. Confused the hell out of me as a kid, especially the Yellow Submarine they used to have in the Garden Centre. I kinda thought the Beatles were like Liverpool's versoin of Disneyland until I was about 8 or so and I realised they had been an actual band. :oops: Massive fan, though.

How's your neck of the woods? You should know I would never call anyone a woolyback. Not to their face, anyway. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 24/10/2007 5:13 pm
(@stevie1969)

hi ,im steve just started playing again after to many years away.
just love blues and hope it wont be to long before i can play most of gary moore.
just wanted to say hi and good luck with playing!! :D

Posted : 25/10/2007 1:11 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:32 pm