Clear all

Slow start

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

So - I return to the forum and guitar. Forgot so much, fingers not going where I want them to, so far I have been sat for an hour tonight stumbling through some scales on the guitalele while watching TV. Might not be much but I'm making a start........

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 02/01/2014 8:35 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Well done!

Did you see the latest David's post? Pure motivation!

https://www.guitarnoise.com/blog/long-run/

Posted : 02/01/2014 8:39 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

That post, along with Vic, was the thing that spurred me on.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:15 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Darth Ordinary....keep it up, and keep playing. I realised as soon as we started jamming together that you were a far better guitarist than me....rhythm guitar's my strong point, but you're a pretty good lead guitarist....with a little practice, you could become a SERIOUSLY good lead guitarist! I'll stick to chords, you do the fills.... you have always been a much better guitarist than you rate yourself. I'm actually jealous of your talent and your flair....but then again, I'm happy to stay in the background, whereas you, for some strange reason, were always happy to play bass and melt further back into said background than me. Never worked out why.....?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:39 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Oh and my fingers seem to be working fine....haven't rode a bicycle for a couple of years, but I bet I could still do it - guitar's like that....you never forget, you just get better!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/01/2014 9:45 pm