Notifications
Clear all

Why is every post held for approval?

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Part of the whole idea is to jump into a community and start making connections. I could see how many interested people will simply disengage because of this policy. For some reason, the other forums I participate in avoid the spam problem without using a moderator approval policy. Anyway, I hope that I am eventually allowed to participate in this forum.
There are many diferent ways to control the influx of spamers. And trust me... I help run a farly big web forum, and they get more crafty every day!!!! There are diferent things that you can do during sign up.. like having to reply to a email... Those can be a pain, becouse the Mods would get 20-50 emails a day asking where the email was.. [and it was almost always in the spam folder!] You can have a intro board that the person has to post in first... also a bit of a pain, becouse the member has to post a "Hi im a real person" post[... Or a mod, or Admin can sit behind a keyboard going through every member that signs on to approve them. I did that for a few months and its NO FUN!! So there has to be someway to weed out the spammers, and any way you cut it.. its going to be a little bit of a inconvience for the new members. But thats what it takes to control it, and frankly this sight is pretty much spam free.

Paul B

Posted : 04/12/2012 7:33 pm
(@crazyeelboy)

Is there a minimum number of posts I need to put up an avatar?

Posted : 06/12/2012 5:32 pm
(@rickcollins)

Hey folks, I've seen many forums in my time and trust me this is one of the best. Moderation is essential other wise you end up with stuff completely unrelated to the boards purpose. The board then gets flooded (a lot like those uninvited door to door salesmen, and spam emails we all love to hate) and we sure as hell don't want that.

Patience for the sake of quality

Rick

Takamine G Series EG630S
Takamine eg345c 12 string dreadnought
Original American Fender Telecaster
Fender 65Twin Reverb

http://bestacousticguitarforbeginners.com/

Posted : 17/12/2012 1:33 pm
(@bytjyufdvfd)

I thought spam was filterable if you had to punch in numbers or some word sequence to prove it wasn't a bot. I'll sweat it out though I missed how many posts need to be made before I get out the sauna.

Discount Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton Mahina Leather
Louis Vuitton Speedy
LV Damier Azur Canvas

Posted : 02/04/2013 9:26 am
Page 2 / 2