Yeah, but... it's a dry heat!

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Rune
(@rune)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Sounds sort of like where I used to live in upstate NY, sort of. Must be nice to leave your door open, my locked truck got stolen out of my parking lot a while back. >< Crime around here is pretty nuts.

Maybe I should go visit Texas, sounds nifty. I'm a laid back, slow to anger, and often too respectful of others for my own good. Seems like a good fit. Do you guys actually get rain down there? I can't really remember the last time we got a decent rain, when I was awake to see it anyway.

It's a dry heat!

Posted : 25/05/2007 5:41 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Funny you should ask about rain! We just ended a two year drought! We would get teased with a sprinkle here and there, but got no soaking rains that whole time. Water tables were down to nothing and water restrictions were in place. You couldn't really even put a boat in a lake because the levels were so low. In fact, last year, Texas was literally on fire.

But, no more! It started raining in the spring. Good, long, soaking rains!! The drought is officially over! In fact, it's raining right this minute! :D The water tables are back up! No more restrictions on water usage! Hooray! I barely had to mow the last two years, the grass would just burn and die, but this year it's back to having to mow once a week! But, I don't mind! At least it's pretty and green!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 25/05/2007 6:31 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!!

It's not always about the gear as it is what's inside....

Enjoy your stay!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 26/05/2007 5:48 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome!

#4491....

Posted : 04/06/2007 10:49 am
Page 2 / 2