Clear all

Yo peeps

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 PITA
(@pita)
Topic starter

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

For a while now I've been meaning to post a big *THANK YOU* (yes, I'm shouting) to guitarnoise.com and all the forum contributors.

About me:
I've been toying off and on with the guitar since probably the early '80s; first started self-teaching with a classical guitar (nylon strings and everything) and lessons on vinyl! Had some formal lessons way back when, but realized early on that it would require dedication and constant practice to progress, and bailed after only a few lessons. However, I had a good instructor who (I think) instilled good basics--I still recall the first song I learned from him: arpeggiated C F G7 version of "Jamaica Farewell". (To this day, I play without a pick.)

After college, a (very good) friend "loaned" me a Target special Harmony electric with a no-name practice amplifier, which I've had in my possession now for, oh, a good 18 years or more (I tried to return it once long ago, honest, but he graciously refused).

Anyway, after a long period of aimless stagnation, a couple of years ago I stumbled across guitarnoise.com while looking for Christmas music arrangements; eventually I ran across David's series on soloing, and got re-energized and re-motivated. About a year later, the better half bought me a Costco Starcaster HSS Strat clone + amp pack--although I realize it's a "cheap" guitar, it sounds orders of magnitude better than the old Harmony. Plus, with a humbucker and 5-position switch there were suddenly a whole new range of sounds to explore.

This year, a Boss ME-25 and Fender Mustang III have somehow wandered into my practice area, and I'm having a ball understanding all the effects and how they shape the sound (unfortunately also less time actually playing/practicing... good thing I already have a day job).

Anyway, once again, heartfelt thanks for a fantastic resource (especially on behalf of Costco and Guitar Center :) ).

PITA

Posted : 27/02/2011 5:41 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi, finally, and welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 12/03/2011 2:56 am