Clear all

17 years ago today I was born.

33 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Happy Birthday Kev!
So yea, is it possible I can stay this young but grow up a bit too?

Hell yeah it is! :lol: You're only as young as you wana be - at 22, I can be the most mature guy in the world while at work, then come home and be 12 again, playing jokes on my brother and watching cartoons on Saturay morning TV! :D

Enjoy the teen years while you have them too - you'll miss the day you could say you were "still a teenager" :wink:

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 28/07/2007 8:13 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

At around 5:55 on July 27th, 1990 I was born

So yea, is it possible I can stay this young but grow up a bit too? Hmm, lol.
Oh, yeah. I've been 17 for over 34 years, now.

(That means I've got you tripled.) :P

Congratulations, Kevin! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 28/07/2007 10:49 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

How could I forget......

27th July 1990 was a very important day for me - at the time - I got married for the second time. It would have been my seventeenth wedding anniversary today, except for the trivial detail we didn't actually make it to the first anniversary before splitting up. We spent longer living together before we were married!

I don't want to trivialise the institution, but both my marriages together lasted a grand total of just under six years - latest (unsolmennised) relationship has lasted over nine years.....

Nah, I'll forget the anniversary....I'll remember the 27th of July as Kevin's birthday!

Oh yeah, Kevin - if you lived in England, EVERYTHING'S legal on your eighteenth - you can get married without parental consent, vote in an election - what's the voting age in the USA? - buy alcohol, drink alcohol, etc etc etc.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/07/2007 1:22 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Voting here's 18. Alcohol's 21.

Posted : 29/07/2007 1:23 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

wow that was quick! Does that apply to every state?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/07/2007 1:25 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Pretty much.

Posted : 29/07/2007 1:36 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Reincarnate- Yea. I remember when I was 13 and it felt like it'd last forever. You know, I only have three years left now to be a teen. Sometimes I don't even consider "nineteen" as a teen. You're typically in college at that age and it's just a new period in your life.

Ricochet- lol Thanks man.

Vic- It's 18. 21 for alcohol. But I think if you can go to war at 18 years old, you should be able to guy alcohol at 18. Kids get it anyways, so just legalize it for 18 year olds.

And thanks everyone I didn't reply to. :)

Posted : 29/07/2007 3:19 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Happy belated b'day, Kevin!

Seventeen is a great age to be, although you have a lot of big decisions just ahead of you.

Best wishes, and enjoy!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 29/07/2007 3:38 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Happy belated b'day, Kevin! You're just a couple weeks younger than my daughter, and my son's b'day is today. My b'day was in July too. In fact, my extended family has a lot of July b'days, too. Both my grandmas, two sisters-in-law, a niece, a nephew, and three of us (including me) all on the same date.

Margaret
Wow pretty crazy. Happy bday to your daughter and son. And all of your family it seems, lol.

I was born at 5:55 PM. My dad was too. Another very weird coincidence.

Posted : 29/07/2007 3:43 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Too funny!

I just edited my post and you had already quoted me. I didn't want to be hijacking your thread.

:lol:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 29/07/2007 3:45 am
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Too funny!

I just edited my post and you had already quoted me. I didn't want to be hijacking your thread.

:lol:

Margaret
It's fine. You have my permission to hijack my thread, lol. ;)

Posted : 29/07/2007 4:02 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Kevin, when I was 18, we had legal alcohol. I agreed with your argument, and still do. The insurance companies and others argued that the drinking age needed to be raised back to 21 for safety reasons, and it was. As you know, those who want alcohol and other substances will get them, but I'll shut up lest I start a political stir. I won't even mention how silly I think it is that a uniformed fighting man home on leave from Iraq or Afghanistan can't legally have a drink because he's not old enough...
Anyway, back to the topic, hope you had a happy birthday!

Posted : 29/07/2007 11:33 pm
(@jimmythemooch)

The states are "free" to set the drinking age to 18. If they choose to do so then federal highway dollars are cut off.

Posted : 30/07/2007 7:51 pm
(@wylesmyde)
Estimable Member

Happy belated Birthday, Kevin!!

I hope you can reflect at this time each year and still make this comment.
... but I have grown a lot in a year. I wonder what I'll say a year from now.
Taking time to reflect and humbling yourself by admitting you don't know everything will mature your character farther than many people every achieve.
Congratulations again.

Regards,
Wyle :)

Posted : 31/07/2007 5:57 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Kevin, when I was 18, we had legal alcohol. I agreed with your argument, and still do. The insurance companies and others argued that the drinking age needed to be raised back to 21 for safety reasons, and it was. As you know, those who want alcohol and other substances will get them, but I'll shut up lest I start a political stir. I won't even mention how silly I think it is that a uniformed fighting man home on leave from Iraq or Afghanistan can't legally have a drink because he's not old enough...
Anyway, back to the topic, hope you had a happy birthday!

When I wuz 18 I could drink but not vote (as in Eve of Destruction {old enough to kill but not to vote}) a few years later they changed drinking from 18 to 21 and voting from 21 to 18.
Anyway Kevin, Happy Birthday :wink:

Posted : 02/08/2007 12:22 am
Page 2 / 3