0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Rocker!

Posted : 06/07/2007 5:08 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Congratulations on your new home and your first anniversary, Rocker!! Homeownership is a wonderful thing! The best feeling in the world, though, is when you get it all paid off and get to burn that mortgage!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/07/2007 6:08 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

What cnev said!!! Just bought our first home this past April and I've been busy, busy, busy ever since! AC units going out, weeds, tree pruning, dead sprinkler system, etc. the list just keeps growing. The odd thing is that the house was actually in very good condition, but there are always things that still come up.

Regardless, good luck and congrats!!!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 06/07/2007 7:03 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Crank,

Amen bro amen. The first house I bought was a small ranch in the late 80's and it was brand new. I thought cool I'm all set just move and mow the lawn and everything's cool. NOT.

It's a never ending time consuming beast that needs to get fed everyday and then when you think you can get a minute for yourself the wife throws a few more honey do's at you. " I really don't like the light in the kitchen can we go look at some today", " The tile in the bathroom isn't really what I wanted let's look at some new tile too" and that's when Rocker says, " Baby I worked all week can't I just play my guitar for awhile"...Then she says, "That's all you think about is that guitar of yours, there's to much to do around here, your not going to have time for that naymore why don't you just sell all those toys anyway..aren't you getting to old for Rock n Roll?"

But there's nothing like the freedom of your own place..enjoy Rocker

I think you should have a three day GN jam at the house to break it in. Since your gonna have to fix something anyway why don't you let us come over an help you with it?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/07/2007 7:20 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Ah, yes, the honey do list. For every item I take off, three get added. :D

Rocker, man, if you don't know them yet, prepare to become good friends with the gang an Lowe's and/or Home Depot! I keep hoping one of them plays guitar so I can buddy up with them and maybe get some stuff at cost! :D

Seriously though, I've spent a ton of time and a TON of money at Lowe's in the past three months. Matter of fact, I'm going there tonight after work to purchase materials to build some shelves in the garage. That is one advantage to owning, you can do whatever you want. I'm not only building shelves, but I'm building a custom hanging area for our scuba diving stuff (wetsuits, tanks, BCD, etc.). A new workbench might get built as well. Oh, and did I mention that I'm not very good with building stuff? I got my first set of power tools for Father's day so I'm breaking them in with something that doesn't have to look pretty. :lol:

Speaking of tools ... nothing like starting a project and realizing you don't have the right tools for the job. Yup, another trip to Lowe's.

This message was brought you by the fine folks at Lowe's! 8)

Jason

Posted : 06/07/2007 7:47 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

The most important thing I have learned about home ownership is that any renovation or repair project is automatic permission to buy more tools. (AKA, the Norm Abrams rule) :wink: :lol:

I would attempt to prioritize the projects that allow for buying tools that can also be used for guitar (or amp) repair.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 06/07/2007 7:47 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Speaking of tools ... nothing like starting a project and realizing you don't have the right tools for the job. Yup, another trip to Lowe's.

Great minds think alike :lol: (and at exactly the same time!)

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 06/07/2007 7:49 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

kent, ya know it!!

The secret rocker, is to aim high. When telling the wife that you need a new tool, always quote the price for the top of the line. That way, when you come home and only spent $200 on a ladder, she thinks you saved money! :lol:

Disclaimer: Only works if she doesn't see the weekly ads in the paper. If she has a clue what the prices are, you're screwed. :D

Just kidding, but the cost of tools sure does add up quick!!!

Jason

Posted : 06/07/2007 8:27 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Guys, we should probably get out of his house. I hear funny noises coming from the other room. :oops:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/07/2007 8:30 pm
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Guys, we should probably get out of his house. I hear funny noises coming from the other room. :oops:

True, he has only been married for a year! (I hear that later on down the road, those noises change into something that more resemble the effects of a bad bean burrito.)

Jason

Posted : 06/07/2007 8:39 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Jason,

That is to funny, i have had a few bad burrito's in my day, and the wife has voiced
her displeasure :oops: lol

Thanks to everyone for the great advice, the house is about 10 years old, 3 bed rooms,
its about 1500 sq. ft. on an acre of land, the people that owned it had the garage converted
into a den, and thats my jam room :D plenty of room to jump around and play rock star lol

It's so nice not having neighbors so close you can reach out your window and knock on there's lol, i get to turn my amps up pretty loud and not worry about the police knocking on
the door ( which has happened to me a couple of times lol)

Thanks everyone, GN RULES 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 06/07/2007 10:44 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the new house Rocker! :D That jam room sounds nice... we could probably fit alot of us GN'ers in there! Got room in the backyard for us to pitch some tents? :wink: 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/07/2007 11:34 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Just read this, congrats rocker! Have fun with it.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 08/07/2007 3:32 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

congrats rocker
and mrs rocker

nothing better than oweing a bank money but when your 50 you might even own it :lol:

Honestly congrats to you and the wife

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 08/07/2007 9:49 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I got a couple of spare rooms, plenty of room for tents in the back yard, and there is plenty of room in the jam room, even enough room for a drum set, YOU HEAR THAT BISH ! 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 08/07/2007 10:00 pm
Page 2 / 3