Clear all

2 weekends, 2 gigs

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

My band had 2 shows over the last 2 weekends and it's been a blast. The 8th, we played the annual Horror Hootenanny which was the same day as the Nashville Zombie Walk, so we had a ton of people all dressed as zombies come to the show. The place was packed and we got a great response. We released our new EP that day and gave out all 50 copies that we had.

This past weekend, we played at The Pond in Franklin, TN at their weekly Saturday Night Special, which is always an eclectic lineup. Our opening acts were a burlesque dancer and a stand up comic. We went on around midnight and, although the crowd had thinned out, the ones that were left were enthusiastic. We ended up playing every original we have (except for a few new ones that we haven't practiced yet) and almost every cover we know. We made a little beer money from tips, so the night was good.

Here are a couple of shots taken by a local photographer. One is a group shot and the other is just me and my bass. All credit for the pics go to Ray.

http://www.raywen.org/concert/SH101611/images/foto54.html
http://www.raywen.org/concert/SH101611/images/foto52.html

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 18/10/2011 1:24 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Many congrats! For the gigs and also for the new EP and those 50 copies sold!

Posted : 18/10/2011 7:07 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Awesome, dude! sounds like a good time. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 19/10/2011 2:27 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Cool! Is that bss what it looks like?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 19/10/2011 9:35 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Cool! Is that bss what it looks like?

It's an SX PJ that my son bought with graduation money. These 2 gigs were the first time I've ever played something other than my Fender P. I was experimenting with different tones and really liked the extra bit the J pickup added. I also like the idea of taking the cheaper bass to gigs. :D

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 19/10/2011 10:52 am