Clear all

And the world goes round

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well when I joined this group I had said how I started this band, yada, yada yada....... Well we are playing our first big gig on Aug. 4th its the big street dance. Well, thats on a Saturday and on the next Monday it looks like my family and I will be moving to South Dakkota. Ya so my band is finaly getting a good foot in the door to really play some real gigs and bam.. They werent to happy about it either, to be honest I dont think they will do anything else. I hope they do though.

Oh well, hopefully I can find some musicians in the cold country and start something there as well.

Maybe I will start a new post called, Anybody in South Dakota? :idea:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 05/07/2007 3:50 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Well, Texas, if you lived near big cities you have a huge amount of musicians. But in South Dakota, with such a small population base and the vastness of the state it may be rough. By the way, why the move from the heat to the cold?

Get an ad out on Bandmix.com and try to branch out to get some players. It costs like $10 a month or so. Worth the cash.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 05/07/2007 5:59 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear about that, D. That would be my timing as a drummer. I don't know about you guitar people. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 05/07/2007 7:34 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

By the way, why the move from the heat to the cold?
I have a brother-n-law up there on my wife's side that wants me to partner up with him. Honestley I really dont have anything to loose right now. I have a good job here that I hate. My home down here is paid for and if it doesent work out up there I can always come back. Where I live nothing changes, I will just pick up where I left off. We will see what happens. :lol:

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 08/07/2007 3:55 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good luck and I hope it all works out. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 08/07/2007 4:36 pm