Clear all

Another Month, Another Surgery

25 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So, this year has sucked on so many levels. I went into a guitar sabatical late winter because of migraines and an ear infection. Ended up having minor surgery, and then an pretty bad car wreck, and then a nice Hernia from doing absolutely nothing at all, etc, etc. So, starting about 3 weeks ago or so, the migraines and ear problems came back. I go back in on Friday for a semi-permanant tube. (2-3 years instead of 6 months) This will be like my 5th one in that ear. Permanant low-freq hearing loss has already occurred. Ear drum is just getting damaged sitting there on it's own, and tubes ain't doing it no favors either in the long run. No win on this one. I'm screwed. I'm pretty bummed.

Right now, my hearing is toast, so at least I'll have good hearing for a couple of years while the tube is in it. I've never seen an audiologist's mood change during a hearing test.

Oh well, sorry about the rant. Carry on with what you were doing. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/09/2007 1:15 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, that's a bummer. Hope it helps, though. Beats leaving it alone to deteriorate.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 18/09/2007 1:35 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sorry, can't think of anything to cheer you up.
Hope whatever they do for that sorta thing makes it better for you.

#4491....

Posted : 18/09/2007 3:08 am
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Sorry about your problems and I only hope that you turn the corner soon. Its a real bummer when things like
this happen and I can only imagine the frustration that comes with it.

Good luck sounds pretty weak under the circumstances but I sincerely hope that things improve for you.

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

Posted : 18/09/2007 7:47 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good luck. I hope they can fix you up.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/09/2007 11:42 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sorry about that :?

I wish you get well soon :D

Posted : 18/09/2007 2:10 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Man, that's tough.
Hope things go well for you Friday.
:D

Don

Posted : 18/09/2007 3:41 pm
(@jimjam66)
Trusted Member

Sorry to hear you're having hassles - I hope something gets sorted out soon.

David

Posted : 18/09/2007 3:44 pm
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

Sounds like it's time to start a new genre of music, middle age angst!

Posted : 18/09/2007 3:47 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Roy, sorry to hear about your miseries. That totally sucks.

I had to take note and thought I should point this out to you...your sig.....

Roy Parker
"The object of life is not to cross the finish line safely, but to slide across sideways, battered and bleeding,
bike smoking and leaking, screaming "YEEHAWWW, Lets do it again!""

It sounds like you are well on your way. Slow down... :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 18/09/2007 9:19 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks everyone. Thanks for letting me rant too. After I submitted, I went into the other room and wailed on the LP. Felt so much better.
Roy, sorry to hear about your miseries. That totally sucks.

I had to take note and thought I should point this out to you...your sig.....

Roy Parker
"The object of life is not to cross the finish line safely, but to slide across sideways, battered and bleeding,
bike smoking and leaking, screaming "YEEHAWWW, Lets do it again!""

It sounds like you are well on your way. Slow down... :wink:

I can't slow down more than I have without losing my pulse. I gave up management (being one and listening too :wink: ), "retired" from baseball, have not been on a bender in years, eating better, losing weight, etc. All's I gots left to keep me young is the bike, guitars and the Battleaxe. :D

Oh, and I did make a decision today. I was going on a bike ride Saturday, about 20 hours after surgery. I cancelled out. Something about 500 miles going up and down the mountains didn't seem too wise to me, especially with pressure changes caused by elevation. Probably safer to stick around the hood, me thinks.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/09/2007 11:29 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Roy said: "I can't slow down more than I have without losing my pulse".

Now don't make me come up to North Carolina and do ACLS/CPR on you :wink: (I'm pretty good at it)

Hope things start looking up for you soon :D

ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 19/09/2007 12:22 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Gradually losing abilities is a real pain. :(

So I hope that things improve with the new surgery.

I find that many things are fading a bit these days, but the one that irritates me the most is losing my train of thought half way thro.........

Posted : 19/09/2007 1:06 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Oh yeah, there's that memory thing. 'Oy.

Roy

Posted : 19/09/2007 4:37 am
Page 1 / 2