Clear all

anyone in central Florida??

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@portia)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Is there anyone on here in central florida that would be interested in jamming/maybe starting a band ??  I'm not very good at the guitar, but I sing and write songs and I don't know any musicians in the area.  If anyone's interested, you can reply or email me at [email protected] -- if you're curious what I sound like, you can check out my website - http://www.geocities.com/portiaangelique

:)Portia

Posted : 03/06/2003 6:52 pm
(@notborntodoit)

Sorry I'm in little old Ireland. But if you had a place for me to crash I'd be their on the next Concorde in no time. Oh damb Concorde is over!? ;)

But seriously I read your lyrics. Sehr gut. Heartfelt.
Are they from your own experience or imaginary. I can't help but think how brave to open such rawness. If only i had the courage. The mp3s didn't seem to work on my browser.

I think everyone at GN should give you a round of applause and a big hug ;)

Keep it up!

"History", Stephen said, "is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

-James Joyce, Ulysses.

Posted : 04/06/2003 3:53 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks notborntodoit.

The mp3's don't work?? I wonder if I maybe did something wrong - I'll have to test it out when I get home (I can't download stuff here at work).  As for the lyrics, some are personal, some are imaginary or drawn from friends/acquaintances experiences.  I'm glad you like them, of course if you ever get to hear the mp3s you will see how desperately I need some musicians to work with.  I'm not getting much response from here - maybe there aren't a lot of floridians on here, so if anyone has any other ideas on how to go about finding some other musicians, I'm open to suggestions.

Posted : 04/06/2003 4:26 pm
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

Portia.. the songs are realy good, lyrics and the chords work with the lyrics.
Its sounds good.

I think it would be cool if you had a drum player doing blast beats and 2bl bass over it thought,

plus the song addiction would be so cool if you had the first part acoustic and then it because a thrash song.

If you want i can record extra guitar, drum, and bass tracks for you on some of the songs to do like a remix version over the net.

still your lyrics are much better than anything i can do,

all my lyrics are about warriors and dragons and hobbits and forests. I cant relate to real life or people so i just do fantsy lyrics.

Never turn your back on friends.

Posted : 04/06/2003 10:45 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Samer_Sultan - I think they would sound good like that too - I just don't know how to do it - guitar playing is really not my strong suit and I don't know anything about bass or drums - If you're willing to take the time to record some tracks for me, I'd love to hear what you come up with.

Posted : 04/06/2003 11:03 pm
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member

Yeah no problem, i have quite a bit of time on my hands now that its my summer break.

But i wont be able to do it for like 2 weeks because i am flying to toronto later today.

All i realy need are the chord progs and i will figure out the rest, ill just voice lead it and add the bass and the guitars.

Also did you know in Florida there is the biggest death metal scene in all of the U.S.?

There are bands like Deicide, Morbid Angle, Hate Eternal est.. all in flordia

Never turn your back on friends.

Posted : 04/06/2003 11:39 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

cool thanks :)

I'll work on writing out the chord progressions and I can either email them to you or post them on my website with the lyrics sometime over the next couple of weeks.  I didn't know it was the biggest death metal scene in the US - I haven't lived here very long and, sadly I haven't had a chance to get out much.  My husband is almost done with school and hopefully that'll mean much more free time for us to get out and see bands and stuff :)  have fun in toronto.

Posted : 05/06/2003 1:15 am
(@alangreen)

Honestly, Portia, such modesty.

Saying you "write songs and sing" is a bit like saying

"Hendrix played guitar", or "Beethoven wrote tunes"

You should have no problem getting personnel.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 05/06/2003 1:40 pm
(@flamtlcafan)

Bump!!

Any luck looking for people to jam with?

I'm here in Orlando...but far away from any type of quality jamming  ;)

Keep in touch...

Tim

Have you ever woken up sober after a one night stand and the person next to you is laying on your arm, and they are so ugly that you'd rather chew off your arm than risk waking them?THAT's Coyote Ugly

Posted : 28/07/2003 10:13 pm
(@portia)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I haven't really had any luck yet, but then again I haven't exactly been banging down any doors looking yet either - Things have gotten really hectic with me lately (my husband just got out of school and is in the process of trying to get a job and that's been taking priority).  I'm in Dunnellon, which is about an hour and a half away from Orlando, I think.  It would be a bit of a drive, especially with my schedule right now, but I could let you know when things settle down a little bit and if you're still interested maybe we could set something up.

Posted : 29/07/2003 10:18 pm
(@flamtlcafan)

Let me know when things calm down for you...

I've had alot of stuff going on here as well....and the drive isn't too bad either! I don't mind driving   :)

Have you ever woken up sober after a one night stand and the person next to you is laying on your arm, and they are so ugly that you'd rather chew off your arm than risk waking them?THAT's Coyote Ugly

Posted : 30/07/2003 4:45 pm