Notifications
Clear all

Anyone seen Wes Inman?

27 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

It's too bad Wes doesn't come around here no more. I really enjoyed his insights, not to mention listening to his music.
+1

I have a few of his instructional posts saved off and refer to them from time to time, particularly as I try to learn "lead" guitar.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 08/04/2010 1:31 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Kinda makes you worry when someone who is around so much suddenly goes MIA. Computer died and can't afford a new one??? Who knows. Do we dare start a list of past offenders? No, cause a couple of them are back with us now and we don't want to anger them. :lol: This forum is certainly fun but is such a peripheral portion of our lives. It falls low on Maslow's Hierarchey of Needs and there is real life beyond this cyber guitar land. Listen to the crap flow from me! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 08/04/2010 2:25 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wes doesn't have a computer he used the one at his ex's house when he was over there.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 08/04/2010 2:33 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thankyou kindly Greybeard - speaking of VioleNt that reminded me of Pet and wondered how she is doing. I often wonder what happened to my kindred spirit in colour Purple, hope she is doing well. :)

Posted : 10/04/2010 12:16 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

.....in explanation about the remark about Pet, that was because she once made a joke about my avatar- about me being violent, all in good fun :D

Posted : 10/04/2010 12:19 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've recently "talked' to Pet. She's alive and well. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 10/04/2010 12:43 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

That's good to hear :)

Posted : 12/04/2010 10:49 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hey Violet, check out my boy's latest stuff: http://culpart.com/
And my girl's: http://jennculp.com/

Posted : 12/04/2010 1:23 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I feel sure he'll come back. Sometimes you just need a break from it all and I think that's probably what Wes is doing. At least I hope that's what he's doing!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/04/2010 5:30 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks Ricochet, I really enjoyed looking at your daughter's site and put it on my Favourites, will have another try at your son's work another time as the NEt is slow at the moment, we seem to have a slow Broadband over here, so slow it disrupted an American space project the other week in Adelaide (SA, AU) I think. Tell your daughter she has an Aussie fan :)

Posted : 14/04/2010 11:47 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

:D

Hope your Net wakes up soon!

Posted : 15/04/2010 1:23 pm
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Thanks Ricochet - I just had another go but no luck - I'll have a good try next week, am in a bit of a panic trying to write an essay for the Course I'm doing, I thought my art history studies from the BA I did years ago would count to this one focussed on the practical side, but anything over 7 years can't be given credit for - anyway its good to wake up my brain, -I was thinking of just giving up on it and focussing on the Graphic Course am doing but the guy who is going to run for Prime Minister here this year has just announced yesterday that anyone who is unemployed for over 6 months will be shipped off to WA (ie Western Australia) to work in the mines there (because they are short of workers :? ), if you are studying you are exempt - so the panic on essay writing seems small compared to going down mine shafts.
I'll write some comments on your daughters blog next weektoo, among the works, I really like the locket she made her boyfriend, it reminded me of Joseph Cornell's work who I really love, and the sculptural necklace was amazing and technically wonderful. :)

Posted : 22/04/2010 12:08 am
Page 2 / 2