Notifications
Clear all

April Fools Jam

51 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

sounds great. i'll look forward to meeting you all!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 02/04/2010 7:55 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Yeah, sounds great. I'll leave mine straight after church. Erm.... Copying the chord charts might be a problem for me, because it's my dad's printer/photocopier and he's running low in ink and stuff, plus he needs it for work. I'll try my best to get a few copies of each though. Thats once i've decided which song's i'm gonna bring.

Got the Jeff Buckley Books, so we can work a few of them if you like, i love his version of Halleluljah, in either G or C, thats the two ways i have it written. I really would like to do "Fall for you" By second hand serenade. The way i know it is not the way he plays it, he plays in a different tuning than standard, but its the same chords. I'll write them out.

Then there is a few songs by a couple of Christian bands, but its not obvious in their music. You've probably heard of Switchfoot, i would love to try "Meant to live" and "Adding to the noise" and maybe even "Oh Gravity" by them, the P.O.D, i'd like to do "Alive" and "Lights out by them" and finally, There is a band called thousand foot krutch, I'd love to do, "Breathe you in", "What do we know" and "This is a call" By them and Lastly a couple of Relient K pop punk songs. "Devestation and Reform" and "Be my Escape". Think it would be cool to play that last one acoustic though if we can figure it out.

Anyway, thats my two penneth. Waiting on your address. I'm good for both days, so sunday is fine.

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 03/04/2010 10:17 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Blast!

I'm heading North East that weekend to the Hull area. Never mind I'll get to the Pool for a jam with you guys one day.

Have a great time all of you. And, don't forget to do pics and vids for all of us at GN.

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 06/04/2010 11:12 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

update alert - see first post. thx.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 07/04/2010 6:32 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

don't forget to snag some video with that new MacBook Pro of yours!

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 07/04/2010 9:05 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Will have to figure out how to make video work. Gah, i feel old!

(and I've just discovered I really can't tap my foot at 42bpm while typing without one or both going seriously wrong...at least not my left foot, anyway)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 07/04/2010 10:07 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Saturday! YAY!

I'm driving, so one or two cans will do me.

What time you planning on staying for?

And i should be able to help you with the video side of things. I am a computing student :)

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

Posted : 08/04/2010 12:51 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Indefinitely. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 08/04/2010 3:27 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

No, no, no!! Sunday

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 09/04/2010 1:22 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

And if this goes well n ppl are available, we'll have another one on Sunday 18th May. :D

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 09/04/2010 10:29 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

HAHA I turned up today and there was no answer. Then i checked the forum on my phone and saw you had said no no no sunday.

Took some finding too. Your road wasn't in my satnav. Anyway, Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow. I may be a touch late as i am playing my electric in the worship band in the morning. So i'll be leaveing southport at about 1 ish, so i'll be there just before half 2.

See you guys then

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

Posted : 10/04/2010 5:39 pm
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Just got back. Was a great session. Even if i did feel slightly inferior in ability. Two great guitarists to play with. I'm really looking forward to the next one so i can play and learn more with you guys.

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229

Posted : 11/04/2010 6:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ah well next time, hopefully, I'll be there - so you definitely WON'T feel inferior!!!

Glad you guys had a good time, sorry I couldn't make it. Grrrr. Pencil me in for May 18th!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 11/04/2010 8:53 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

So, no jam report. recordings, vids and maybe some picks? What is the world coming to? :wink:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/04/2010 3:44 am
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Absolutely Roy!!

Tis sad! Must be all this Icelandic volcanic ash thats desending on the UK slowing things down.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 20/04/2010 5:39 am
Page 3 / 4