Asking a big favor?!?!?

30 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone. ( or at least whomever reads this :wink: )

I got the following email from our booking agent today. I know it's short notice but if you're feeling energetic and in a giving spirit.....

Hey everyone just thought you'd like to know that the band is in the running for best band and best form of entertainment in the Quad City Times Reader poll. If you have time visit their website at http://www.qctimes.com and help pad the stats a bit. All you have to do to vote is register (a simple process... just give them your email address as they verify it before you can vote and then come up with a user name). If you have more than one email address you can register them all!
And don't forget to tell your family and friends.....but hurry 'cause voting ending tomorrow!

UPFRONT: I don't know if registering will cause you to get on any spam lists or not so I thought I should be upfront about this now.

Thank you for participating. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 08/08/2007 9:35 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'll do it for you!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/08/2007 10:03 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Bish,

I'm registered but I don't know which is the band's name. I think it will be in the 'Nightlife' section, 'Best local band' category.

Thanks

Posted : 08/08/2007 10:26 pm
(@davidhodge)

It's the DLH Band, which, if I recall correctly, stands for Dani Lynn Howe.

Got my vote.

Peace

Posted : 08/08/2007 11:23 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Done! 8)

Thanks David!

Posted : 08/08/2007 11:41 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Ummmm - you could have my vote - but don't you think they'd get a bit suspicious if e-mails start coming in from Madrid (Nuno) and Merseyside (me).....?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 08/08/2007 11:45 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I was looking for the norms and there are not norms... It seems it is a pool for the readers and, now, I'm an Internet reader. They are asking for your opinion on a lot of things. Obviously, I didn't give my opinion on local restaurants but on bands and music...

Bish, what do you think?

Posted : 09/08/2007 12:01 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Got you covered Bish.

I'll have to check if my hotmail address is still active.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 09/08/2007 1:01 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

What the heck - I voted anyway. Had to register to vote, so I didn't give them my normal e-mail address - opened a new e-mail account and did it via that. I'll probably never use it again, so any SPAM just won't register on my radar....

Hope you win, Bish....fingers crossed for you!!!!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/08/2007 1:14 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D :D :D

8) 8) 8) 8)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 09/08/2007 1:26 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

On the good side, someone's going to think, "Hey, this band's going places - they've got fans in Texas, Spain, England.....

Vic

Posted : 09/08/2007 1:36 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

8) DLH in da House! 8)

#4491....

Posted : 09/08/2007 3:15 am
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

You got my honest vote - DLH Band is definitely my favorite Quad City band to read about online.

:D

-- Voidious

Posted : 09/08/2007 4:36 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am also doing it for you, Bish.

One funny thing - During the registration process I gave a pincode of my place and it accepted it ! :lol:

But I can't find the vote page. Is it gone ?

Posted : 09/08/2007 10:42 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

But I can't find the vote page. Is it gone ?
It is a banner in the main page. Click on the banner (you must be logged) and the page with the options appears.

Posted : 09/08/2007 12:55 pm
Page 1 / 2