Skip to content
bad news and......e...

Notifications
Clear all

bad news and......er, more bad news & update...

91 Posts
38 Users
0 Likes
22.9 K Views
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Vic,

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you make a speedy and full recovery and things pick up for you.

Never mind Newcy - drink Guinness. It has medicinal qualities. :wink:

Hope to see you round the boards full time soon.

Take it easy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 31/07/2006 6:53 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

:shock: Really sorry to hear this mate, but like everyone else has said, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 31/07/2006 7:52 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear this

Mate if I can help in any way let me know , and I mean in ANYWAY

pm me your address i would love to get in contact mate
( get your mate to type it for you )

Hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 31/07/2006 9:26 am
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Wow Vic - terrible news. Aside from guitar-playing, here's to you recovering with full mobility for general use during life. Guitar playing is a luxury, one that I hope you are back at shortly.

How did you put your hand through a window?

BTW, I second the Guinness motion. You don't want to drown in Guinness, but a couple of splashes on your face can bring amazing clarity.

Good luck to you.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 31/07/2006 1:17 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Wow Vic - terrible news. Aside from guitar-playing, here's to you recovering with full mobility for general use during life. Guitar playing is a luxury, one that I hope you are back at shortly.

How did you put your hand through a window?

BTW, I second the Guinness motion. You don't want to drown in Guinness, but a couple of splashes on your face can bring amazing clarity.

Good luck to you.

I second that the Guiness thing, well third I guess. Good luck with your recovery Vic.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 31/07/2006 2:47 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Ouch Vic!

Just when I'd let everyone know in the "Have you heard from" thread that you were ok but on a leave of absence for personal reasons, this happens.

I wish you the speedest of recoveries mate and Rodders and I will be thinking of you.

You will be back on that guitar soon, I know it because you can't keep a good guy down.

All the best

Chris

ps you can always retrain to be a lefty like me! There aren't enough of us :wink: :wink:

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 31/07/2006 2:55 pm
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

Horrible. All prayers going your way. While it could always have been worse we know what not being able to play, even for a short time, means.

Keep us posted. Progress will come with determination. And slide guitar is very cool, wish I didn't suck so bad at it.

Cheers and prayers,
Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

Posted : 01/08/2006 11:56 pm
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Hey Vic,

That's just terrible. It seems things are not going your way at all. So sorry to hear your troubles. If I was in your area, I'd buy you a beer or two.

Keep your hopes alive and make sure you get lot's of pyshio on the hand when you're ready.

Cheers, Kenny

Posted : 02/08/2006 1:43 am
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Wow, that's rough, hopefully things will turn out for the better.

Steve-0

Posted : 02/08/2006 1:53 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Vic, We are all thinking of you!! I think Ricochet said it best "Vic, I think becoming a slide player's a promotion." I know you are a stubborn sort , so I know you will come back fighting :!: --ken

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 02/08/2006 2:53 am
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

can't even watch the cricket on Sky........ and then, the world's clummiest pillock (as you well know by now) puts his hand though a double glazed plate glass window and ends up with 282 stitches in his left hand. NICE ONE VIC! So........... been told I might get 50% mobility back in my left ring finger if I am lucky, looks as if my career has come to a dead stop. You never know I might be lucky and then again I still have a couple of slides.............

Vic, I was in a car accident in 1988, Broken Arm (really broken - I remember the bone coming out my skin) , Broken angle and at the time I was big golfer. Depite the fact that my left arm can't extend all the way not only did I golf again but I was better.

Don't pay attenion to what they say.... don't let it get you down......

I really don't know you as a person but you seem like a great guy!

Bob Jessie

Posted : 02/08/2006 5:28 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Bad news, indeed, Vic.
I agree with your choice of Newcastle Brown, though.
Remember Tony Iomi of Black Sabbath had the ends of his fretting fingers lopped off in a machinery accident and went on to quite a career.
Keep your chin up and your back to the wind, mate

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 03/08/2006 2:58 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

All the best wishes Vic; here's to a quick recovery. Just don't rush it though, do what the doctors say, take whichever meds and go to whatever therapy sessions they schedule for you. You guys have free medical stuff over there, right? Take advantage of it, but like I suggested, don't try to hurry things up too much. Let the injury heal and then think about playing again. It's like...we all play, but it's not our playing that defines us - who we are. It's a part of us, but it's not all of what we are.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted : 03/08/2006 6:22 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Rick, nice philosophical moment there man. You do raise a great point though, Vic should take things slow, and make sure he is better first, and worry about playing later.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 03/08/2006 6:46 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i agree with Rick, it seems that your earlier injury was a "warm up " for what was to come.
in the little time i've come to know ya a bit, i've found you to be the type that will take all this in stride and come out the other side of it stronger then before. :wink:

will wait patiently to hear from you on how it's all going.
be strong brother.

#4491....

Posted : 03/08/2006 7:29 pm
Page 2 / 7