Skip to content
Bad start to the ye...

Notifications
Clear all

Bad start to the year.....but it will get better.

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So, my good friend Darth Ordinary gets involved in a car crash, has to take time off work, then TR runs into a spell of bad luck - not been a great start here, either. 2nd of Jan, Marilyn's in hospital again - same problem she was in with last year. Chest infection, with coupled with her COPD leads to pneumonia - confusion, dizziness, breathing problems etc. Same old, same old - keep her in for a couple of days, pump her full of antibiotics, throw her out 'cos they need bedspace...

last Wednesday, it all starts again - took her into A&E again, admitted again, straight back to the same old ward again. One of the nurses recognised her on the way into the ward, said, "Hello, Marilyn, thought you'd gone home?" She'd been home, back again. Only this time, one of the docs tried some different tests - asked for some SPECIFIC tests rather than general tests. Turns out she's had a virus - or something - that likes warm moist places, seems her (already damaged) lungs were a pretty good breeding ground. Anyway - they've let her come home, but this time there's a lot of after-care in place - various people are going to be calling, checking up on her. She's on a MAJORLY heavy dose of antibiotics, but this time it's a specific antibiotic for the infection she's got rather than a non-specific antibiotic which they've been giving her which has only alleviated rather than cured the problem.

So hopefully, no more admissions for a while....and hopefully these antibiotics will solve the problem. Fingers crossed!

And Ray, and Terry - thinking of you both, sending all my best wishes.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/01/2011 12:09 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Vic, my thoughts are with you and Marilyn again. Hopefully this is the last bout for a while. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/01/2011 3:00 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hope everything works out for her. It's got to be tough onthe both of you. Let's hope they have the right meds this time so you don't have to repeat it again.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 27/01/2011 6:38 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Sorry to hear that Vic, hope Marilyn is back fully recovered and talking again soon x

Posted : 27/01/2011 7:09 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Wishing you guys the best of luck Vic. I'll be thinking about you and Marilyn.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 28/01/2011 3:47 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear that Vic. In fact I was thinking of Marylin the other day. I thought to write a PM to you asking for her. It is being a hard winter here in the northern hemisphere. She will get well soon.

Posted : 28/01/2011 9:52 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

At least they know what they're dealing with this time! Hopefully they'll kill the virus and this won't happen again. Give Marilyn kisses for me and tell her I hope she feels better soon!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/01/2011 5:13 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Fingers crossed here too for Marilyn's speedy recovery, Vic!

Jim

Posted : 29/01/2011 2:38 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

So sorry to hear that Marilyn had another setback but glad to hear that they seem to be sorting it out now. Sending you both my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery :) . Thanks for the concern, much appreciated

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 29/01/2011 3:43 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Any updates for us, Vic?

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 05/02/2011 9:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Update....Marilyn is doing fine. Not great, just a lot better than she was last August to November, which was basically at death's door. This time, she's got a lot of support post-hospitalisation - by which I mean, there are nurses from the respiratory team coming to our house regularly and keeping an eye on her.

Latest round of antibiotics seem to be working - she feels a lot better now that the right SPECIFIC antibiotics for her condition have been prescribed, rather than the non-specific antibiotics that are given as routine.

Now, if I could just remember to keep on top of MY problems....there's a lot I can cope with, but the recent diagnosis of arthritis in my hands (both hands) is not what I really wanted to hear as a would-be guitarist. Sort of knocks the problems with a displaced disc and the problems with, well, never mind, you don't really want to know, into perspective....

:lol: :lol: :lol: (I just keep smiling....dunno why!)

vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/02/2011 1:42 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

You seem to always put a smiley twist on a not so good situation.

I'm humbled, Vic. 8)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/02/2011 3:03 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Please keep us posted. My thoughts are with you and your family.
(I just keep smiling....dunno why!)
Perhaps there's a little bit of Frankl in all of us. either that or Eric Idle. Regardless, it beats the alternative and I'm sure Marilyn would rather see what's left of your smile than the frowns born from sorrow and worry. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/02/2011 6:16 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wishing you both good luck

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 08/02/2011 4:17 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: (I just keep smiling....dunno why!)

vic

I'm glad to hear Marilyn is getting better, really sorry to hear about your issues :(

Hope u r ok x

Posted : 13/02/2011 1:47 pm