Clear all

bb king at Glastonbury

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Im just sat in my reclined armchair, a bag of beer by my side (pizza on its way) being treated to BB king on live TV playing in front of what looks like thousands of people live at glastonbury.

Phrasing is still great and he looks like he is having a ball. If I can still play at 86 Ill be happy, never mind playing this well in front of thousands.

Blues never gets a look in on TV over here - its great to see him get such a good reception!

Will you be able to watch this over in the US??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 24/06/2011 6:52 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Generally Glastonbury isn't shown over here. Most folks aren't even made aware of it.

But some of us have a few *ahem* unofficial ways of watching. (which I'll be able to do in about an hour and a quarter) :wink:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 25/06/2011 12:55 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Great stuff,

I watched too on Friday evening. BB hasn't lost his touch at all! Incredible for a man who sayes he's old! I was captivated from the start of his set. What a tight band too. I sensed that the Glastonbury audience didn't quite get him but by the last third of his set he had them in the palm of his hand.

From the other end of the spectrum can't wait for Paul Simon and Don McClean today. Another two legends and to top it all in the sunshine too! You lucky lucky people at the festival!

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 26/06/2011 9:33 am