Clear all

Billy Powell R.I.P.

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-billy-powell29-2009jan29,0,3095217.story

"Billy Powell, the former roadie who became a rock star for his keyboard work with the band Lynyrd Skynyrd, died early Wednesday morning apparently of heart problems at his home in Orange Park, Fla., police said. He was 56."

#4491....

Posted : 29/01/2009 10:15 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

RIP

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 29/01/2009 11:02 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Those Skynyrd boys seem to have a short shelf life. What a shame. Brilliant musicians too. He will be missed.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 29/01/2009 3:45 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Another good man gone. RIP, Billy.

:( :( :(

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/01/2009 4:01 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Saw Skynyrd back when the Nuthin' Fancy album had just come out.
I spent most of the show standing on a front row seat right by Billy's piano.

R.I.P. Billy and Thanks For The Music

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 29/01/2009 4:08 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

R.I.P.

Posted : 29/01/2009 9:44 pm
(@alangreen)

Sad. I remember that I was listening to Radio Caroline at home the day of the plane crash. That band were fated to die young.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 30/01/2009 9:27 am
 Glee
(@glee)
Estimable Member

R.I.P Billy

Tim

Posted : 30/01/2009 6:48 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Those Skynyrd boys seem to have a short shelf life. What a shame. Brilliant musicians too. He will be missed.

You got that right. God, so young.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 31/01/2009 8:47 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member