Clear all

Boss GT Central Forums Down

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well, it's only matters to a few of us who use the products. What is interesting, though, is the manner in which they went down and the future. Scary stuff, as it can happen to more sites than you know. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/forum/

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/07/2008 10:07 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Wow that's scary that something like that could happen. (Ironic too seeing as how I have been getting an error message all morning while trying to get on here.) You would think their web host would be a little more sympathetic after making 8 years of posts disappear. :|

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 16/07/2008 12:28 pm
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Roy,

the link works fine now... did they get hacked?
What happened?

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

Posted : 16/07/2008 1:51 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Dagwood, Turns out that the person(s) who he was dealing with at the hosting company didn't know what they were doing. He called for a manager. When one finally called him, he started b****ing to him about not having back-up, etc. Manager dude said that they indeed do and, 30 minutes later, database is restored and site back running with posts made until last back-up. Wild times, eh? Funny thing, is I don't even post there. I just lurk about and go answer hunting.

UCG, yeah, that would have really been something. That site's been down since at least Saturday....last time I tried to go patch hunting.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/07/2008 3:31 pm