Clear all

Bostons lead singer dies

12 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I just found out that Brad Delp, lead singer of Boston died tonight, no causes or reasons given.

I can't tell you how many copies of their first two albums I wore out, I also understand that he was a really nice guy.

A real loss for all! :cry:

I found out on Yahoo....

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 10/03/2007 5:43 am
(@alangreen)

That's sad. I didn't know they did more than two albums either; they never really took off over here after "More Than A Feeling"

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 10/03/2007 7:08 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very sad news. :cry: I remember buying "Don't Look Back" on LP when it 1st came out and playing it as much as I could. R.I.P. Brad

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 10/03/2007 1:14 pm
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

I'm a Diehard BOSTON fan. When I saw that link on Yahoo! all I could say was Oh My God.

Here's the link to the SHORT article.

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/40689307

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

Posted : 10/03/2007 1:16 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I feel this loss almost as much as I miss Jeff Porcaro from TOTO. My biggest musical loss. :cry:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 10/03/2007 1:48 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've still got a vinyl copy of the First album, play it every now and then....More Than A Feeling is a classic. Like Alan said, they were very much one-hit wonders over here - Don't Look Back is the only other song of theirs that got much airplay.

Another sad loss for the music world.

RIP Brad.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/03/2007 1:52 pm
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I didn't realize he was in the band Beatlejuice, which occassionally plays this area.

Posted : 10/03/2007 2:15 pm
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

Thats too bad :cry: I had always hoped to hear more from them. I always loved crankin' up "Smokin'"

Posted : 10/03/2007 5:12 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

:cry: Very sad news.

None of us ever knows which day will be our last.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 10/03/2007 6:41 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Yep, sad news. I was never a huge Boston fan, but I would still say I was a fan of their music. And it was Brad Delp's voice that truly impressed me, really a fantastic singer.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 10/03/2007 9:31 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

that sucks, i aiways got into them r.i.p :cry:

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 10/03/2007 10:21 pm
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I grew up listening to Boston. I played their Third Stage album until it wouldn't play anymore (which I believe led to my obsession with girls named Amanda for a long while during my teen years). R.I.P.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 11/03/2007 7:50 pm