Clear all

British Seminar/get-together 2006.....

62 Posts
24 Users
0 Likes
24.2 K Views
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Vic, I'm sorry to hear that Marilyn is not good, I really hope its not too serious. I'm sure if we all put our heads together something should come out of all that has preceded and some sort of get together will be possible in the not too distant future.

Hope everything gets better for you soon mate.

Rod :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 15/04/2006 11:18 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

sorry guys, but a lot of my time is going to be spent looking after Marilyn - she comes first, second and third before I even think about picking up a guitar......

My apologies,

Vic

That is nothing to apologize for, ever!

Keep at it and something will happen. Someone will get it together at some point.

For what it's worth, and it's a long way away, it turns out that my girlfriend (and musical partner) has a writer's conference in Manchester, but that' next year in October of 2007. So if anyone's still reading Guitar Noise at that point in time, I'm hoping to be able to finally meet some of you! Save me a lefty guitar...

Peace

Maybe we can sort something out for then, then.

Vic - Maybe if we could find a licenced venue you could bring Marilyn along, I'm sure she'd be happy with a bottle of Grey Goose and some Tuaca shots :lol:

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 24/08/2006 1:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pet, you should know by now, never, ever, EVER! mention the words "Grey" and "Goose" in the same sentence......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 24/08/2006 9:51 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

I spoke to the guys at The Fallout Lounge and they still remember her, oh yes!

Posted : 24/08/2006 10:01 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

OK its been a while..................now 2007. Does anybody have any thoughts on a get together this year or early next year.
If we leave it too long we will run the risk of clashing with the Olympics.
Apart from Christmas my callender is empty for the rest of this year apart from a bit of fishing here and there (that can allways be cancelled).
Vic, you should be well healed by now (broken arm, lacerated hand) Don't put yourself at any more risk than you have to.
Your original idea is still good. Book into hotel Friday night, have a few jars, get to know each other etc. etc.
Come on GNers lets make this happen!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 09/09/2007 10:05 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well as you know Rodders, I was hoping to get down to your end for an open mic - unfortunately, I overspent in the old music shop, and I'm skint for the forseeable future!

A get-together would be good - but - and it's a big BUT - it'd have to be next year for me, for financial reasons. Olympics? Well - what's more important than guitar?

I still think the basic idea was sound - find a pub in the midlands with a function room, hire said function room for the Saturday and split the cost between us. Meet up Friday night for a few beers and introductions, play all day Saturday, go home Sunday.....

If anyone's interested, maybe we can work something out? There are a LOT more UK members now than when this idea was originally mooted....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 09/09/2007 10:25 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Depending on how things go I might be able to pop over for a visit. :)

Posted : 10/09/2007 3:05 pm
(@davidhodge)

Might be time to start a whole new thread on the topic! :wink:

Peace

Posted : 10/09/2007 3:44 pm
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

I'd love to come, but after Jake's consultation on Thursday the surgeon said he needs to be referred to another hospital that is better equipped to deal with his surgery which means even more waiting *groan* God Bless the NHS!!! The best I could get out of him was that "It may be this year or very early next"..... So I couldn't commit to anything until after that.

Sorry for the absence around here and MSN, but on top of Jake stuff I've been super busy. I miss you guys.

Posted : 15/09/2007 1:22 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'd love to come, but after Jake's consultation on Thursday the surgeon said he needs to be referred to another hospital that is better equipped to deal with his surgery which means even more waiting *groan* God Bless the NHS!!! The best I could get out of him was that "It may be this year or very early next"..... So I couldn't commit to anything until after that.

Sorry for the absence around here and MSN, but on top of Jake stuff I've been super busy. I miss you guys.
Hey, Pet! Good to see and hear from you. 8)

Not sure I was aware of any of your personal life drama so I hope all is well and good on your side of the pond.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 15/09/2007 4:09 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Pet! :D

We miss you too!

Don't be a stranger.

Take care,
Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/09/2007 1:23 am
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

Yeah I'd be up for that! Midlands would be good - not too far from me either! :)

Hopefully not in late April / early May time though . . . exam time at university. :(

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

Posted : 07/10/2007 8:36 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If we're going to plan that far ahead why not have it in the summer holidays? Me thinks most of us should be able to keep a week in June empty, right?

Posted : 07/10/2007 9:18 pm
(@alangreen)

Count me in - avoid last week of August and first week of September cos that's holiday time.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 08/10/2007 7:51 am
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

Maybe a June meet as has been suggested would be best? Hopefully far enough in advance that most people will be able to make it. :)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

Posted : 08/10/2007 8:23 pm
Page 4 / 5