Clear all

Concert Coming up and Sing Along

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Well, I'm officially in the year end concert at my school, late, but i'm in.

^^ June 13th!

really looking forard to it, as is mike doing the piano for me. couldn't get it out without the little mozart, haha.

then, 3 days ater on the saturday, its the sing along with praise band for a church group of some kind. and before that, the regular performance at the church on sunday, haha.

busy week! Looking forward to it!

Posted : 31/05/2007 5:36 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats!! Sounds like you have a busy musical summer up ahead.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 31/05/2007 10:24 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Wish you the very best of luck for your performance. Make us GN'ers proud.

Posted : 31/05/2007 11:03 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Good luck Rachel, sing your heart out! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 31/05/2007 11:43 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good luck.

We like "after gig" reports, too, if you have the time. :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/05/2007 12:21 pm
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

haha, thanks guys! I will not fail you! (solemnly tries to cover heart for vow, but breaks down laughing)

Yes, this summer will be quite busy, hopefully. I'm trying to go out of my shell i have developed (eg, Praise band, for example. nearly 2 years in there) and cover some more ground. This July, it'll be auditioning for the PGX idol (Its a local exhibition. winner has free flight and hotel at vancouver for Canadian Idol Auditions. thought its a good way to start) which should be prenty of fun. Probably other things as i can find them.

Bish, I'll probably be so excited with how its gone I'll have to come on here and report, haha. We're all usually revved up enough playing clasical, let alone singing by yourself as well.

Can't wait for The concert to come up. I'm setting up more rehersals with mike for the piano, so that he's good to go and so am i, haha.

;) thanks for the luck guys!

Posted : 31/05/2007 9:48 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Give 'em hell, sister.

Posted : 31/05/2007 11:23 pm
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

oh, that i will do!! :D

ok, tomorrow is the performance, so i thought i'd do another update, haha.

I'm bouncing with excitement. i'm nervous, but really, i've looked forward to it too long.
My pianist, mike, has it down perfectly. everything seems to be good.
My badnote is still there, but it doesn't stick out as much. i've figured out how to lessen it more.

so, i'm up at 7am tomorrow, to do my warm ups for showing the band class in the morning (around 11).

It takes me forever to warm up in the morning. it took three hours today so i could pracitice with Mike.
I probably will at least hum all day. I don't get a tired voice easy. i've done that before, haha.

Our band teacher is so excited about it. I've gotten quite a bit of interest since its in japanese. its not a hard language to sing,really. now, try mandarin! XD i'd fail so badly in that, haha.

I guess the only bad thing is, since i'm on low dose antibioitcs, i've had incredible nausea. so, i'm going to be taking gravol all day to keep it under control. i'm going to get pretty jittery, and that would only make the nausea worse.

But i should be fine.

I'm really pumped about it as the tv crew as well as the paper usually attend the year end concert, since its so much larger than most. I may get a line mentioning my name in the paper. i'd love that!

I really can't wait for applause... aaahhh....i've never had any applause for my regular gig with Praise band, as its during a church service, and clapping isn't excatly to be expected. comments, yes, clapping, no.

so this'll be the first time, on my own, in getitng applause. i have with a city choir, but not any other times.

anyways, wish me luck! I'll report on it tomorrow after the show!

see you all later!

Posted : 13/06/2007 5:40 am