Clear all

Connecticut

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This is probably not the place to post this, but I figured it would get maximum exposure.

I met a very nice fellow on the Fender Discussion Page named Jerry. He is 45 years old. He lives in Marlborough Ct. which is about 25 miles southeast of Hartford. He played in bands when he was younger but dropped out for many years. Now he is looking to meet fellow musicians in his age bracket (35-60) who would like to jam and hopefully even start a band up, but he has not had much success. Anyway, he told me to feel free to give out his e-mail address to anyone who might be interested. I have already sent an e-mail to Chris (cnev), but if anyone else might be interested, please send him an e-mail.

His name is- Jerry
His e-mail address is- [email protected]

Give it a shot!

I KNOW this should go in Suggestions, but there should be a place on GuitarNoise where fellow musicians could hook up with each other.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/06/2004 4:29 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

I KNOW this should go in Suggestions, but there should be a place on GuitarNoise where fellow musicians could hook up with each other.

Actually, the Gigs and Jams section is intended for that purpose, and I believe one or two musical connections have been made there.

-Laz

Posted : 30/06/2004 4:38 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

The gigs and jam section would be the last place that I looked for something like this.

I always looked at that as a page for people to just post where they are playing, not necessarily to try and hook up.

Anyway, Wes, thanks for the contact I'll give him a holler.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 30/06/2004 5:20 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

The gigs and jam section would be the last place that I looked for something like this.

I always looked at that as a page for people to just post where they are playing, not necessarily to try and hook up.

Anyway, Wes, thanks for the contact I'll give him a holler.

Chris

Nope, it's a place to set up jams and search for musicians. Here's the description from the index page:

Post a message announcing your band's next gig, and then review the show afterwards for those who couldn't make it. You may also use this forum to set up a jam and search for other musicians.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 30/06/2004 5:51 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Musenfreund

You are absolutely correct. But you gotta cut me a little slack. I am a geezer! That fine print is not so easy for me to read!

I am actually supposed to wear glasses when I drive. I was playing with my daughter and stepped on them crushing them. I have procrastinated a little on getting a new pair (2 years!).

I have an appointment in July. Yeah! I'll be able to see again!

Yeah Chris, give that guy a call. This is how bands are born.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/06/2004 7:24 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

That explains why you have such trouble with "Strawberry Fields"! :twisted:
Just kidding.
Seriously, though, from one geezer to another, I wasn't giving you a hard time -- I was giving cnev a hard time :lol: .
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 30/06/2004 8:11 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I'm in the library now and laughing. The people on the computer on the right an left of me looked over like "what the heck are you laughing about." Wes, you crack me up! I'm still laughing.... :lol:

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 03/07/2004 6:07 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Hey why you gving me a hard time I was just stating the facts of how my distorted mind functions...who reads the fine print?

Can't we all just get along??

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/07/2004 1:59 pm