Notifications
Clear all

Down Payment Blues

27 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Have you spoken with a few banks about this at all? I'm curious to hear just what are the different types pf programs they're promoting along with the gub'ment. It's been so long....

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/06/2010 3:31 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

best wishes for the new future blueline.
I put my house up for sale. got an offer after one week. the inspector is coming today and if all is well the deal is done.
now I can zero in on a rural property near my best friends hobby farm.
think I'll grow some string beans. I'll pick the floss, wax it down, and ride my pygmy pony.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 17/06/2010 8:53 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I put my house up for sale. got an offer after one week. the inspector is coming today and if all is well the deal is done.
Great news!

Posted : 17/06/2010 9:44 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Way to go, dogbite. Sounds cool. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/06/2010 10:27 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

think I'll grow some string beans. I'll pick the floss, wax it down, and ride my pygmy pony.

Wow, can I borrow your realtor? We've had ours on the market for almost 3 months and only had 6 or 7 lookers. We've got our new house about 99.9% remodeled and are ready to get all this done.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 17/06/2010 12:38 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Wow, can I borrow your realtor? We've had ours on the market for almost 3 months and only had 6 or 7 lookers. We've got our new house about 99.9% remodeled and are ready to get all this done.Probably fair to say that your area had a recent market disruption?

Our first house took under 24 hours to sell. Full offer plus bonuses. The listing entered the system on a Sunday Night and we had a phone call from our realtor at about 7:00 PM, Monday. Listed on the 3rd and out on the 28th. Back to back closings acrossed the county from each other. 25 days of first time buying and selling at once stress. Still darned impressive, I thought.

Roy

Posted : 17/06/2010 12:55 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I had to reduced my 2008 value down by 40,000. then it went quick. in our area all the repos under 190,000 were grabbed up. the next 'wave' in houses is those valued around 200,000.
the inspection went well. my house is considered sold. friday I am off to farm country to look at a farm house and 1 1/2 acres.
I am happy there are no more showings. they are disruptive and it is a wierd feeling having strangers touch my stuff inside.

so life does go on. be ready.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 17/06/2010 5:05 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I had to reduced my 2008 value down by 40,000. then it went quick. in our area all the repos under 190,000 were grabbed up. the next 'wave' in houses is those valued around 200,000.
the inspection went well. my house is considered sold. friday I am off to farm country to look at a farm house and 1 1/2 acres.
I am happy there are no more showings. they are disruptive and it is a wierd feeling having strangers touch my stuff inside.

so life does go on. be ready.

Yea, we've priced it down a bit. Our realtor drug her feet her at the beginning and cost us a couple of weeks when the tax credit was still in effect.

The showings drive me nuts too. Having to leave everything perfect in the morning just in case is a pain. We're planning on moving into our new place in a couple of weeks so we won't have to worry about the disruption anymore.

Anyone want to move to Nashville to be a music star? :D

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 17/06/2010 10:55 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Anyone want to move to Nashville to be a music star? :D
Why? Are they short waiters? :P

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 17/06/2010 11:40 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Have you spoken with a few banks about this at all? I'm curious to hear just what are the different types pf programs they're promoting along with the gub'ment. It's been so long....

Not yet Roy. I'm in the process of putting together the business plans, proposal, etc. Will let you know!

Sounds like a plan! I've dreamed of moving to Montana to grow a crop of dental floss myself! I could become a "dental floss tycoon". :lol: Hope it works for ya bud. I'll send up some smoke for ya!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 18/06/2010 3:32 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sometimes I wonder about doing a move back north, particularly to the country-side. But then I think about how painful cold weather is. Oh well.

Roy

Posted : 18/06/2010 4:02 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Not yet Roy. I'm in the process of putting together the business plans, proposal, etc.
A soft inquiry, which I'm sure you've done, will allow a load officer to load one up with options, angles and pre-plan opinions that could very much assist one in the planning stage.

hee hee. I just had a thought. Nightclub on ice. Hockey training during the day, night club at night. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy

Posted : 18/06/2010 4:07 am
Page 2 / 2