Clear all

east lancs guitar fair

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

this is nothing to do with me, it is not a plug i will profit from in anyway, but i just heard that the east lancs guitar fair is on sun 28th sept at bacup leasure center 10-4.
i have no idea what a guitar fair is but i believe there will be many bargains.

anyway, for those who live near east lancs, just thought id pass on the heads up.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 22/09/2008 1:16 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Sounds like a traveling flea market for guitars.
http://www.b-visible.co.uk/businesses/72/dates.html
http://www.b-visible.co.uk/businesses/72/mojo.html

I have heard of these type of shows for folks in other interests/hobbies, but not for guitars. They get mixed reviews.

There is often a great variety, and there can be some good deals to be had - most often from the "private sellers", less often from the full-time dealers who travel with the show.

Think of it as E-bay stores in the real world.

The most fun I've had at this style of show is the window shopping. So much to see...

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 22/09/2008 6:13 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Might be fun - hey, almann1979, I live just off the East Lancs Road - the A580 - half way between Liverpool and Manchester. Whereabouts are you? I know that area fairly well - got a lot of family up in Burnley, Rawtenstall, Nelson and Colne. My dad was born in Burnley - took me to Turf Moor waaaaaaay back in the early 60's, soon as I could walk. Although I'm a Liverpool fan, I've still got a soft spot for the Clarets! Didn't know whether to laugh or cry when Traore put through his own goal a couple of years or so back.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/09/2008 12:11 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter

i live in haslingden, so only one mile to rawtenstall, in fact when i was younger i used to work at burnely general hospital. small world :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 23/09/2008 4:49 pm