Clear all

Farmington wrap up

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

My little performacne want ok tonight. Things went better than in the past, but not as good as I had hoped. Mainly, I had problems improving solos over my loop pedal. I've been practicing like crazy (pentatonics and such) but found myself playing the same licks over and over. Mostly nerves, I hope, as I can play scales fairly decently. This really does take practice. Amazing what you can do all by yourself, and what you can't do in front of a crowd. And this one was quite small (there was about 12 people there. boo) My voice sounded good though, which helps. I think I'm finally getting the hang of using distance and such in relation to the mike to manipulate the sounds.

Make sure to keep up that link to those three articles on stage nerves fright. There is some good info in them!

All and all an ok experience. Always room to improve, but performing is actually starting to be kinda fun.... :roll:

:D

Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

Posted : 06/05/2004 1:20 am
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Sounds like you had a good time. Cool. Keep it up man. :)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 06/05/2004 11:17 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hang in there Matt. You will gain more confidance and become more comfortable as you get more experience. When I reread my post to you about the mic volume it sounded stupid, but I think that was because it was just a simple fix, but it sounds like it is working out. Doesn't matter if there was only 12 ppl there as long as there was that many when you finished lol. Good Luck.

Posted : 06/05/2004 3:15 pm