Clear all

Father/son rhythm section debut tonight

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

My son and I have jammed on guitars or 1 guitar/1 bass many times, but have only been able to jam with him on drums once years ago when we both first started playing. He always kept his drums at his mom's house because I didn't have room and once I had room, he left for college and put them in storage. We got them out tonight and went to one of his friend's house and jammed with a couple of his friends who both played guitar. I was twice as old as everyone in the room, but we had a good time. We made a pretty good rhythm section for a first attempt. We played Blitzkrieg Bop, Sunshine of your Love and Break On Through to the Other Side, with some spontaneous jamming in between.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 22/06/2011 1:03 am
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Nice one! Sounds like you had a fab time! :mrgreen:

Posted : 22/06/2011 8:10 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Thats cool! We are working up a set of beater drums as we miss having them there. I'm not such a good drummer though so our rhythm section videos may be a while coming. :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 23/06/2011 4:10 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Very cool man! congrats, sounds like a great time!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 23/06/2011 4:13 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like a great time. I hope there's more down the road. 8) 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/06/2011 4:35 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

That's cool!

Posted : 28/06/2011 7:57 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Cool, Jeff. Pretty good choice of music too!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 28/06/2011 9:31 pm