Clear all

first gig tommarrow night

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter

well, in a little over 24 hours, i'll be at my first gig, man am i geeking. i talked to wes about this gig, he gave me some good pointers,but i don't think i'll sleep at all tonight, i don't think i have ever been so scared in my life. well guys any pointers on nerve control would be great,
i'll post after its done, if you don't hear from me, i crashed and burned lol, well till next time.

signed,

your freindly neighborhood basket case
i mean rocker

p.s. i think i'm going to puke

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:18 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

I feel for you. It is perfectly normal to be very anxious before a show. As used as I am to playing in front of crowds, I often experience an upset stomach the day of a show. I do not feel particularly anxious, nor do I worry much. But a show is always exciting. :D

You need a good nights sleep, so don't drink any coffee or soda. You'll surely be awake all night with your mind racing. Maybe drink some water, or even a little grape juice.

Maybe go for a long walk, or work out if you have equipment. That will help to get rid of some of the tension.

There's not a whole lot you can do about your first big gig. It is exciting and something you will never forget. Even if you don't sleep well, you will have plenty of energy for tomorrow.

Good luck, try to relax and just have fun. And make sure to write us a detailed report. Take some pics too!

Rock on Rocker 8)

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:42 pm
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

Remember, it's suppose to be fun... Take an extra set of strings, don't eat anything too gassy beforehand, and wear comfortable shoes... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck!!! You will do great...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

Posted : 27/01/2006 10:49 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter

wes,
i was thinking about alot of beer, no just joking, i figured i would get on line and talk to you guys for a while to loosen up a bit, and then going to my music room and play every song on our play list, or should i not even play tonight and just wait till i warm up tommarrow? i don't know, once i get this first one, i think i should be fine :shock:

gilmour,

i have an extra set of strings, put all new batteries in my pedals, and have an extra amp, have i forgot anything?

Posted : 27/01/2006 11:06 pm
(@luvgilmour)
Estimable Member

Only thing to do at this point is relax and get ready to ENJOY your moment in the the light...

I'll only be down there (in the basement practicing) for a couple of minutes or so...
My SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=470725

Posted : 27/01/2006 11:47 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter

gilmour

thanks buddy, i'm really starting to get pumped up, i i had a gut feeling if i went to
gn and talked to you guys i'd feel alot more confident :twisted:

Posted : 27/01/2006 11:56 pm
(@davidhodge)

The best to you, Rocker!

And looking forward to a detailed report!

To echo the advice here - HAVE FUN! If you look like you're enjoying yourself people will respond in kind.

Peace

Posted : 28/01/2006 12:03 am
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Extra strings is a good idea. Eat light and don't eat anything for four hours before the gig. Drink water and nothing else especially don't drink carbonated beverages. I drank coffee once before a gig and puked it through my nose. :lol: If you make a mistake just keep on playing, 95% of the time no one notices. Don't focus on any one person in the audience just look at them generally. Try to relax, do some deep breathing. Remember 99% of the people in the audience wouldn't do what you are doing, you're the man :!:

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 28/01/2006 12:17 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

See, we're all behind you! :D

This might help a little. Instead of getting nervous or afraid, try being

THE FONZ

Now, I don't like arrogant or conceited people at all, but people expect musicians to be a little cool.

And you are cool. Really. You are a guitar player. 8)

Look at Jimmy in your avatar. Does he look nervous? No way. He is The Fonz.

So psych yourself up a little. Practice now. Go on stage with a self-confident look.

This is not wrong at all. It is part of the show. People enjoy this. So get it going now.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 28/01/2006 12:34 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Try to relax, focus on the moment, and HAVE FUN! That's what it's all about. :D Everyone's there to have fun, and like Tim said, most of the people in the audience wouldn't even know if you make a few mistakes, so don't worry about it, just play through it. Who wouldn't want to be a guitar player in a rock band? Everyone there would love to be you, so you are the man! 8) Break a leg Rocker!! :wink: 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 28/01/2006 1:26 am
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter

david,

thanks, i will give an in depth report , wow, this may be my lucky gig, the hodgester
himself is in my corner lol.

tim,

did you blow the coffee out your nose onstage? if you did, your scarring the hell out of me lol

wes,
i always thought elvis, james dean and the fonz were the coolest, i think we have apretty cool stage show, cant wait to tell you guys about the show, if i survive this
you have to come to nashville and jam with me. i love you guys, thanks for the encouragement, i'm really starting to get pumped up :P

Posted : 28/01/2006 1:43 am
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

tim,

did you blow the coffee out your nose onstage? if you did, your scarring the hell out of me lol

No it was before we went on, that's the best place for thoughs things to happen. :wink:
Don't worry you'll be fine. The best advise I gave you is if you make a mistake keep playing, that's what the pro's do. Everyone makes mistakes don't worry about it. Playing infront of people is probably the most exciting thing you'll ever do, there's nothing quite like it. Enjoy :D
And please do tell us all about it.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

Posted : 28/01/2006 1:57 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good luck, Rocker.

If you know you're parts, lead the band.

Do as your name implies. :wink:

Best thing you can do is record it so you can relive it. :wink: :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 28/01/2006 4:48 am
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Well, your gig is probably going on right about now(8:30 PM, Saturday Night), so good luck. Make sure that even if you don't know what you're doing, you at least look like you know what you're doing.

Posted : 30/01/2006 12:28 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well, your gig is probably going on right about now(8:30 PM, Saturday Night)

Um, you might want to check your calendar, it's Sunday night right now! :wink: I think Rocker's gig was last night, (Saturday), but no word hear yet. Hope it all went well.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/01/2006 2:36 am
Page 1 / 2