For Bob Dylan Fans

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Since I don't get PBS in Canada, I will have to wait for the DVD, but for those that are in the States enjoy!

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2005/08/no_direction_home/

Posted : 17/08/2005 5:30 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

grrrr, quicktime is the tool of SATAN!!!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#4491....

Posted : 17/08/2005 6:20 pm
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

its not working for me either

Posted : 17/08/2005 6:27 pm
(@kachman)
Estimable Member

Quicktime's not working for me either, but this is the Martin Scorcese film on the life and music of Bob Dylan in the 60s "No Direction Home: Bob Dylan". Its showing on PBS in September - I'll be taping that thanks...

http://www.myspace.com/kachman

Posted : 17/08/2005 6:40 pm
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

When Quicktime doesn't work, it's usually because your PC is setup to accept all video files to work with Windows Media Player only.

This is usually a problem with Microsoft Operating Systems, in that no Windows PC ever ships with Quicktime installed (why would they, since it's the competition).

Basically, if you've never installed the Quicktime Player. No Quicktime file will ever work. Windows Media Player cannot read the files.

Quicktime Player is a freebie from Apple, but you must install it yourself.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/

And if you're using a Mac of any sort and it's Quicktime is not working, then you are in big trouble. :o

Posted : 18/08/2005 2:04 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Thanks for the imformation It's starting in 15 minutes
so I'll be signing off now

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 27/09/2005 12:46 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It's being aired over here in the UK as well....Monday night from 9pm to 11pm (our time, so we got to see it a few hours before you...)....part 2 is tonight, 9pm-10.30pm, so I'll have to tape it....can't miss my tuesday night acoustic jam session in the pub!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/09/2005 12:20 pm
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I worked yesterday night and nights this week. So I got to watch it at work. Don't have cable at home. Going to watch it tonight as well.

Having just read Dylan's Chronicles Volume One, it was really interesting to see all this old footage.

I didn't really become a Dylan fan until I was around sixteen, so I basically missed all the folk area.

Have a great jam session tonight Vic.

All the best, Kenny

Posted : 27/09/2005 10:41 pm