Friend and Foe

53 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
10.3 K Views
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Do you ever get sick of listening to some pompous windbag pontificating on subjects he obviously knows nothing about? I mean besides me?

Well guess what, we can fix that for you in a couple of simple clicks.

Click the user's name in question.

At the bottom of their profile you will see a friend and foe button.

If you click foe you will no longer see them or their posts.

If you click friend they'll show up in 15 minutes or less with a six pack of beer, some steaks for the grill and compliment you on your guitar playing. Really I have no idea what that button is for. Someone will let know I'm sure.

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:34 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

If you click friend they'll show up in 15 minutes or less with a six pack of beer, some steaks for the grill and compliment you on your guitar playing.

who gets the frequent flyer miles,or do we split them?

btw, bring newcastle. 8)

#4491....

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:40 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

This looks intriguing.

I thought that 'ignore' buttons on forums just blocked other members from sending you PMs. Making posts vanish sounds quite a trick. Could make following arguments rather interesting.... :D

I must say that I've often looked back at some of my OWN posts and thought "Geez!!! Why did I go on so LONG about THAT!!! Who would ever read it all..." So I may end up trying to follow my own posts in invisible ink.... but it sounds like an interesting concept anyway.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:51 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Can you make yourself a "foe?"

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 07/08/2008 12:55 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Really I have no idea what that button is for. Someone will let know I'm sure.

It's the "Forgiveness Button" :D

And HEY!!! It works!

I just made somebody go away (except the headers for the actual threads they started), and then forgave them and let them back again.

Divine powers at last. Can I have a Smite Button now please Nick?

Hello

HELLO....

ANYBODY OUT THERE??.....

Darn, they've all put me on their Ignore lists... :(

Ah well, now that nobody can see me, I'd like to confess that I have a secret and huge passion for the following forum members:

Posted : 07/08/2008 1:03 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Hey!
didn't i suggest this a long time ago?
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30576&start=60&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
bet all you who opposed it feel pretty silly right about now huh?

as a reward for being such a valuable member to suggest such an important feature, can i borrow the "ban" stick for a couple of minutes???
can i huh ,can i ,can i ?????

#4491....

Posted : 07/08/2008 1:07 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I couldn't imagine anyone putting me on ignore. :shock:

I tried to make Nick a foe.
I wasn't allowed to do it.
Is this because you are so likable or the programming?

I tried to make Nick a friend.
I wasn't allowed to do it.

"Won't you be my friend?" :mrgreen:

- Mr. Rogers

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 07/08/2008 1:33 am
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Now you're going to make us all paranoid, Nick! :lol:

(I wonder who can read this and who can't? :wink: )

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 07/08/2008 1:51 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Any way you can see if you're on someone else's foe list?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/08/2008 2:17 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

While we're talking about user configurations, I noticed the option of GN2007 and GN2008 under Board Preferences.
The GN2008 option looks spiffy.
(Spiffy? Do people still use that word?)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 07/08/2008 3:08 am
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

While we're talking about user configurations, I noticed the option of GN2007 and GN2008 under Board Preferences.
The GN2008 option looks spiffy.
(Spiffy? Do people still use that word?)

Thanks, I didn't know about that. And, yep, I still say spiffy, but then I'm a real old fart. :mrgreen:

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 07/08/2008 3:55 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Oh and by the way, you can always ignore someone by just taking a deep breath and figuring it isn't worth your time. Maybe we should all take a deep breath and post where we can help, ignore when we can't.

Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, sit next to me.

Posted : 07/08/2008 4:08 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Interesting stuff ........ but I like everybody. :? Don't think I need a foe button. Maybe a faux foe button?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 07/08/2008 4:57 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Interesting stuff ........ but I like everybody. :? Don't think I need a foe button. Maybe a faux foe button?

Good one TR. :mrgreen:

I probably wouldn't quite go as far as saying that I actually like everybody, because there's lots of folks here that I feel I don't really know one way or another. I also know that the figure that I've imagined to fit the name probably isn't anything like the real person if I ever met them face to face.

I've also been completely wrong with a 'knee-jerk' reaction to the occasional post, and then discovered the poster(s) to be the opposite of my initial negative perception, so hanging in there can work too. But if somebody really doesn't seem to be worth reading, then I have pretty much learned to just skim, skip or ignore their posts.

But a 'Faux Pas' button might be nice. One that could erase the dumb or wrong things I've said - not just from the page, but from the minds of those who read it too. :oops:

Chris

Posted : 07/08/2008 5:45 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I'll agree with that.

We seemed to have strayed recently into some rare territory for Guitarnoise where it seems like we might need a friend and foe button.

I'd like to think we need it more for whatever mysterious functions the Friend button does and not the foe button. I pride myself, as I'm sure you all do, on this being a very friendly, helpful, engaging place for professional and newbie alike.

Let's think of the foe button as a temporary boost to your will power that should be used in emergency situations only.

Posted : 07/08/2008 10:40 am
Page 1 / 4