Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I loved it.

The review is on the front page.

It's only 15 bucks.

Posted : 03/10/2009 11:46 am
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

jeez, Nick, can you at least try to post this in the right forum?

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 03/10/2009 12:29 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The Iron Fist shall post wherever he pleases.

Posted : 03/10/2009 12:33 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

of course.

could you please stand in front of me?

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 03/10/2009 12:40 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

just seen your review Nick - i am about to order it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

edit: i have just ordered it.
i should really be ashamed about how exited i am about this coming at my age - but what the heck

YIPPEEEEEE :D :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 04/10/2009 3:45 pm
(@tarheel)

Nick
Thanks for the review. Do you think the method would be particularly useful for us strictly acoustic "players"? While the EzRoll web site mentions that the methods are great for acoustic, the samples are all electric shredding. I have no interest in electric or shredding. The companion PDF hints that maybe there are acoustic examples on the DVD but that is not clear.
Thanks

Posted : 06/10/2009 1:17 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

mine has just arrived today, and although i havent seen it all the way through yet, he does play a superb demo of easy roll on his acoustic - it sounds awesome!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."

Posted : 14/10/2009 6:46 pm
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member

Just ordered mine. I can already tap wood like he did in the online sales video, so I'll let you know how the rest goes.

Posted : 26/10/2009 10:13 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sorry for the delay in replying. I play acoustic almost exclusively and I have applied George's method to my own playing no problem.

Posted : 26/10/2009 11:06 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

i have to say that in the time i have had it (about 2 weeks) i could not be happier!!!

i have put about an hour a day aside to practice and the change in my playing is very satisfying. i am now playing licks which have a completely different sound/style to what i normally play which has to be a good thing.
i personally still use a pick to play, and hybrid pick his picking engines, and although i am only practicing what he calls engine 3 - i can see it will be years before i run out of milage with it and move onto the other engines!!

Posted : 27/10/2009 5:01 pm
(@georgepittaway_1567861843)

I want to take this opportunity to thank all the Guitarnoise userfolk for all the mail I've recieved at Ezrollguitar.com... And appreciate all the happy comments!! Nice to find a collection of enlightened enthusiasts from the four corners of the earth...and to Nick Torres especially, thanx for the great review. I'm going thru some of the questions I've gotten regarding ezroll from folks who were referred thru the guitarnoise review...I'll post some answers/discussion points here ASAP. Seems like a good place to hang for awhile!!

George Pittaway

http://www.ezrollguitar.com

Posted : 30/11/2009 9:09 pm
 DRob
(@drob)

Does anyone know if this site is still current and if the dvd is still available for sale? I've been trying to contact the site without any success, so I'm just trying to make sure that it's still in operation.

Also, does anyone have any updates or new feedback on their experience with the video and method? I'm new to fingerstyle playing (a pick player for almost 25 years), currently learning traditional jazz, but also into the more experimental aspects of jazz and fusion. I've found a wealth of material on classical and folk fingerpicking (patterns galore), walking bass-lines, and melodies plucked with M-I (picado style). However, I haven't found anything useful for fingerstyle lead/solo lines technique using thumb and fingers, so I'm looking for any video or book that would start me down that yellow brick road to Oz. My goals are somewhere in the ballpark of the video examples below (for reference).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2uzmI1VsRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5yYAgpfF98

Posted : 13/12/2010 10:15 pm
(@specialsof)
Estimable Member

I was able to log in today with no problem.

http://www.ezrollguitar.com/

I have it, but haven't used it as just not had time. I think they still in business as the site is up.

Posted : 14/12/2010 11:40 am
 DRob
(@drob)

Thanks. I got a response from George today, so I'll be ordering the dvd asap. Cheers.

Posted : 14/12/2010 3:08 pm