Clear all

gig on the 31st

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@spides)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

hey if there are any members on here from melbourne who aren't afraid to rock out at a punk club, my band is playing bang next saturday, and you are all welcome to come along. Starts at 8 and its at the royal hotel on bourke street between king and spencer. Come check it.

Don't sweat it dude, just play!

Posted : 25/05/2008 5:06 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Good luck for your gig. 8)

Posted : 25/05/2008 8:49 am
(@alangreen)

Make sure you feed back here on how it went. We're all keen to know.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 25/05/2008 7:24 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

'Tis a bit far for me, Spides, but all the best mate - rock 'em!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/05/2008 8:35 pm
(@spides)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

'Tis a bit far for me, Spides, but all the best mate - rock 'em!

Vic
lol, it aint that far by teleport. If you come I'll show you the street where neighbours is shot, it's just around the corner from my house.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, we've been rehearsing to the point of being brain dead so it should be sweet.

Posted : 27/05/2008 5:05 am
(@spides)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

played last night and it went awesome, had kids dancing and moshing, singing along with our songs. There were a few kids i ddidn't know wearing our T-shirts that was pretty sweet. Played really well too. My partner got some footage (pretty bad quality but whatevs) so might see about posting it on you-tube.

Posted : 01/06/2008 5:08 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Spides! Glad the show went well. No injuries, I hope. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 01/06/2008 8:21 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sorry I couldn't make it - couldn't afford the bus fare! :D
lol, it aint that far by teleport. If you come I'll show you the street where neighbours is shot, it's just around the corner from my house.

I'll let you guys know how it goes, we've been rehearsing to the point of being brain dead so it should be sweet.

Not the first time I've seen "Neighbours" and "brain dead" in adjoining sentences - my opinion, the whole cast of Neighbours should be shot! (For those who aren't in the know, Neighbours is an Aussie soap - and a pretty dreadful one at that, even though it's been running over 20 years!)

Glad everything went well for you, Spides!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/06/2008 12:13 am
(@spides)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

couldn't agree more about neighbours, good to see not all brits are prone to bouts of comatose soap viewing ;)

Posted : 02/06/2008 1:30 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

couldn't agree more about neighbours, good to see not all brits are prone to bouts of comatose soap viewing ;)

Seems "Neighbours" was also a breeding ground for pop stars too, and a fertile one at that....Kylie, Jason Donovan, Natalie Imbruglia, Craig MacLachlan, Delta Goodrem....even Stefan Dennis had a hit over here! There's just no accounting for taste is there.............

Vic

Posted : 02/06/2008 1:50 am
(@spides)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Seems "Neighbours" was also a breeding ground for pop stars too, and a fertile one at that....Kylie, Jason Donovan, Natalie Imbruglia, Craig MacLachlan, Delta Goodrem....even Stefan Dennis had a hit over here! There's just no accounting for taste is there.............

Vic
yeah to make it in the Oz music industry, you either need to have acted on neighbours, or had a song played in the background at lassiters on said show ;)

Posted : 02/06/2008 1:55 am
(@abrocks22)

i have a friend that live out thee ill tell him to check you out

Posted : 05/06/2008 8:06 pm