Clear all

Gig Report - 10-25-09

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Friday night was our Halloween punk rock party. We were the first band to play. We all wore costumes, I just did some ghoulish makeup cause I hate masks and couldn't think of anything. We played our set and had an ok crowd. It was a little early, so there wasn't a full house yet. The crowd that was there really dug our show and we all got multiple compliments after the show. I gave out a bunch of stickers and had people asking when we were playing again (next Friday!) We had a nice mosh pit going during a few songs.

The only bad part of the night was after we played. There were a few girls there w/ 2 guys. 1 of the guys was really drunk, like already smashed before we even played. The girls were pretty cool and were one of the ones asking about when we were playing again. One in particular had been to our previous show and got a CD. Anyway, I was standing next to their group listening to another band. I don't know what happened, but the really drunk guy pushed one of the girls pretty hard. I will not stand for a man to hit or lay his hands on a woman like that. I grabbed him and pinned him up against the wall and was telling him he should never push a woman like that. The singer and drummer from my band pulled me off of him and his friends grabbed him and drug him out of there. Some people have no manners these days!

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 26/10/2009 1:33 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

so all in all a really rock n roll night :D
sounds like you guys are really building momentum!!!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 26/10/2009 5:27 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like the "good" old days at the Star & Garter in Kirkstall, Leeds.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 26/10/2009 6:27 pm
(@alangreen)

Like wise Upstairs at O'Neill's in Southend on Sea on a Saturday night

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 27/10/2009 9:05 am