Clear all

GIG REPORT - Slightly Offensive @ Charleston's & Jameson's

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I forgot to write a report last week for Charleston's so I'll just double them up with this one. The past 2 Saturday nights my band SLIGHTLY OFFENSIVE played @ Charleston's 4/30/11 (New Lenox) & @ 5/7/11 Jameson's (Joliet). Both gigs I was the solo guitar player however when we played Charleston's I didn't know that until we started setting up for the gig. Good thing I always practice Mike's parts in case his equipment fails or he forgets how to play something. :D That really paid off and it was a good thing he wasn't there b/c the stage was barely big enough for 5 of us to stand on.

Charleston's is a new room for us & we had a pretty good crowd (50-70)ppl and now is the time where we start to see the bar crowds thin out due to the warmer weather & people are staying home to play in their backyards. But we had a great table over to my right all night, a B-Day party full of girls who just grooved to everything we were playing and it was pretty contagious to the rest of the crowd who eventually also participated (dancing/singing along). Overall it was a great vibe all night and the manager seemed really pleased with us so hopefully we can re-book there again in the next couple of months. :D

At Jameson's this was a repeat gig for us, the first time was Holloween and it was OFF THE HOOK (200+)ppl, the last time we played we had people with us from the first song and then in the middle of set 2 a fight broke out and TOTALLY killed the vibe for the rest of the night. Sat night started out S-L-O-W, we had about 40-50)ppl for the first 2 hours & we had one table that was a bachlorette party who came up numerous times during the night to request songs and play tambourine but outside of that no one was really paying attention to us. But the crowd kept building all night and THEN after the liquor kicked...MAN...we had THAT crowd going AGAIN!!! :D We had like 10 girls up front singing, dirty dancing, requesting songs it was an AWESOME end to the night!!!

Next gig is 5/17/11, we're BACK @ The Tilted Kilt (Chicago Ridge) for another night of Fun & Debauchery!!! :D Hope to see you THERE!!!!

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 09/05/2011 7:08 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Way to go Tommy G

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 10/05/2011 11:12 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Great stuff! Always enjoy your gig reports, Tommy, looking forward to many more!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 10/05/2011 1:56 pm
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Really enjoy your gig reports Tommy. Almost makes me want to start gigging. Almost. :lol:

Jack

Posted : 10/05/2011 3:42 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I felt the same way Jack when I first started taking guitar lessons so I could play lead guitar. It grows on you & its a great night out 2-3 times a month for me :D I don't do it for the money...but it is nice!!! :D :D

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 10/05/2011 3:52 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Fab - well done! You seem to be doing really well now :D :D

Posted : 13/05/2011 4:56 pm