Clear all

Gig Report: Southern Roots @ Honey Whyte's

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

LOL! Tommy Guns passed the dead gig jinx to me! We were playing for 15% of the gross proceeds at a new venue and it was deader than frozen road-kill.

Still, it was a good lesson in why you should always give your best, even if you're essentially playing to the wait staff, for the less experienced members of the band. One of the dozen or so people who were there was a local booking agent who will be adding us to his roster of bands available. That makes three local agencies who are sources of future gigs for us. He said the thing that impressed him most was that every person around him called a friend to try to get them down to see us. That gave us a surge at the end of the night that at least let us make gas money for the show.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 18/04/2011 5:17 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Good stuff, esp. about the potential for more gigs!

Lemme know if you make it up towards Loudoun County. 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 18/04/2011 6:39 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

excellent report and news. good for ya.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 19/04/2011 12:57 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Awesome report and great job getting the booking agent on your side!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 20/04/2011 2:51 am
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

AWESOME!!! Glad to hear you got another booking agent working w/your band AND you persevered through my Jinx :D I like to blame the weather... :D

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 26/04/2011 7:50 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

you should always give your best

Sounds like you did.....great attitude. Got you somewhere, too! Too cool for words.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/04/2011 10:25 pm