Good News...

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi folks,

Once again happy to be back here and posting. I was a little ruffed last time and will take care to take some chill pills now. However taking some time off the forums is a good way to make a come back (and actually feel more attached to them). :wink:

Well the good news is that I have passed my main Accountancy exam here. Today the results were declared and unexpectedly I have been able to somehow clear the papers...

I will just like to say thanks to all of you since you have been a big help to me and have born my covers bravely over time.

I have said it before and I will say it again here. GN is like a big family to me and I am proud to be a part of it !

Thanks, :D

Rahul

Posted : 17/07/2007 8:23 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

You left?

umm, Welcome back

#4491....

Posted : 17/07/2007 9:23 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Nah, I didn't. I just took some time off.

Posted : 17/07/2007 9:28 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Welcome back Rahul! ;)

Posted : 17/07/2007 10:09 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Yep, welcome back Rahul!

Jim-Bone

Posted : 17/07/2007 12:51 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Who is this guy and why does he keep doing that? :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/07/2007 1:13 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on the Exam results, Rahul! Funny, though, I never had you figured as the type to go into accountancy - I always thought of you as "The Bollywood Rebel Rocker!"

Keep up with the studies - the payoff will be worth it - but don't neglect the guitar!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/07/2007 1:27 pm
(@rocker)
Noble Member

Rahul,

You should be ashamed of yourself, taking time off with out our permission :shock: What we have here is failure to communicate :P

even god loves rock-n-roll

Posted : 18/07/2007 5:06 am
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Welcome back Rahul...by the way...can you explain me a bit about the Debit and Credit thing??

Just kidding . I'm an accountant too.

Posted : 18/07/2007 2:21 pm
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Congrats on passing your exam Rahul, and welcome back

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 18/07/2007 5:24 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Oh no no. Cmon folks, I was never gone. I just didn't post for sometime (though I decided to stay off longer...). However, it was the exam results that got my mood right. :wink:

Thanks everyone. Rgalvez...I am sure we will enjoy each other's company while balancing the accounts. Maybe you and me can handle the Guitarnoise final accounts. :lol:

Posted : 18/07/2007 9:24 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Thanks everyone. Rgalvez...I am sure we will enjoy each other's company while balancing the accounts. Maybe you and me can handle the Guitarnoise final accounts. :lol:

Maybe now might be a good time to offer Nick a 10% rise in his moderator's pay-packet?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/07/2007 10:10 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Ya make your GN "family" proud :)

Posted : 19/07/2007 12:30 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

You can take time off ??

For what ??

Is my question , this is my life :lol: :lol:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 19/07/2007 1:48 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Welcome back Rahul...by the way...can you explain me a bit about the Debit and Credit thing??

:D

Fortunately, I can explain. It's quite simple really... :twisted:

Credit is good. If by some lucky chance you happen to come by some actual money and it accidentally finds its way into your bank account, it's a credit. The real money you have in your account is a credit balance. Having a credit balance means you're 'in the black' and HAVE money.

Therefore CREDIT = GOOD. 8)

But if you don't happen to have any real money you might need a CREDIT card. The balance on your credit card is money that you DON'T have. It's money that the bank has temporarily lent you in the confident hope of skinning you royally in the process of getting it back again. If you're operating "On Credit" that means you're 'in the red' and owe money.

Therefore CREDIT = BAD. :wink:

All clear now? Credit is good... except when it's bad... :? I did a bit of accountancy at college, so you have to give me some credit for knowing a little bit about it... :P

O, BTW...

Congratulations on passing your exams Rahul - you are now legally entitled to baffle the general public and engage in the noble art of "Cooking the Books".

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 19/07/2007 7:12 am
Page 1 / 2