Clear all

Got one tomorrow night

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@threegtrz)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

We're doing 90 minutes at a Cancer benefit. Next week at a private party.

Posted : 14/06/2007 8:17 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

Good luck! Give us a report how it went.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 14/06/2007 8:53 pm
(@rachel_morgan)
Trusted Member

good luck! :D have fun!

can't wait to hear about it

Posted : 14/06/2007 9:16 pm
(@threegtrz)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Review:

On the positive end, we did well as a group. We hadn't played together in nearly a month and pulled things off well.

On the negative, the sound man (who normally is awesome) wasn't doing the monitors right and I couldn't hear a thing I was playing the entire time. About five songs into our set, they stopped us to do a very somber and funereal presentation remembering everyone in their lives who has died from cancer. It went about a half hour and included a candlelit walk around the entire park complete with bagpipes. Folks were crying and re-mourning lost loved ones.

I'm looking forward to playing this Saturday night when everyone is drunk and more inclined to have a good time.

Posted : 18/06/2007 12:15 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Did you have to play any songs after the walk around the park. It would be really hard.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 20/06/2007 11:05 pm
(@threegtrz)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Yep, we still had about an hour to go. Audience response after this was.....limited.

Posted : 21/06/2007 12:03 pm
(@douglasa)
Estimable Member

Ive played at two of those before one year it was like at four in the morning and then the next year it was about ten.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace (Jimi Hendrix)

Posted : 23/06/2007 4:39 am