Guitar Noise Strumming Tutorial CD

69 Posts
51 Users
0 Likes
21.2 K Views
 H2O
(@h2o)

Hi David,

As a beginner I'd definitely be interested in the CD.  I'd also take a look at a beginner rythym and lead electric guitar cd.  I'm currently learning on an acoustic but have an electric hidden under my bed.  

P.S. - Your beginner lessons are great.  Neil Young, Cat Stevens are right up my alley.  

A Harry Chapin song would be cool too, maybe "Saturday Morning".

Later
Harry.

Posted : 27/08/2003 4:59 am
(@heelsy)
Trusted Member

I'll have one too  ;D

If Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect.. Why practice?

Posted : 05/09/2003 8:07 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Laz, you've inspired me:  I just dedicated a poll to tallying how many of us guitar slingers will want to get one of David's cds.  Please go to this poll and vote!

http://forums.guitarnoise.com/?board=opinions;action=display;num=1062786638

Nick, you can be the bouncer for those who don't cough up the cash.  Kidding aside, I know that people may think they'll buy it and vote 'yes' but not have funds later.  Life happens.  No one will come after you if you say you will and don't later.  People are way too nice around here for that.

If they come with serial numbers can I have one of the first hundred?  I'll pay double if it's platinum!  Triple if it's signed by the author!  Tenfold if it comes with a written guarantee I'll play like Tom Petty and score a record deal!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 05/09/2003 8:42 pm
(@argus)
Reputable Member

If they come with serial numbers can I have one of the first hundred?  I'll pay double if it's platinum!  Triple if it's signed by the author!  Tenfold if it comes with a written guarantee I'll play like Tom Petty and score a record deal!

I have an auhentic copy from 1970 - and it's the last thing Jimi ever peed on.

Posted : 05/09/2003 8:52 pm
(@plywood_plunker)

David, I would definitely be interested.  Sometimes when I'm working on the Songs for Beginners lessons I think I've got it down, but it just doesn't sound right.  I've gone back and played the MP3s (superior to the midi files) and it has really helped out.  For a beginner, hearing an example is very helpful.  Thank you for your efforts from a fledgling guitarist.  (Can one be called a guitarist after 3 months? rhetorical)

Posted : 26/09/2003 6:48 pm
(@siemen)

Seems like I posted this in the wrong place last time... So here goes:

-----

Hi, hope some of you remember me!

I'd most likely buy the cd! I think the idea of splitting the exercises from the instructions is very good, even if it makes the cd exeed a total number of 100 tracks.

Have you considered making the audio and, if there is any, the printet material available for (paid) download? That would solve the problem of Guitarnoise having to produce the CD and save shipping fees and taxes. Of course, this would make it a bit more expensive for those who will have no possiblity of downloading and burning the CD as they will have to pay a slightly higher price for an individually produced CD.

Siemen

Posted : 15/10/2003 6:39 pm
(@Anonymous)

Is this CD out yet? How do I get it?

Posted : 01/12/2003 3:51 pm
(@enshoku)
Eminent Member

I would love a cd.  Are they available yet? :o

Posted : 01/12/2003 6:54 pm
(@slydog)
Reputable Member

I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  I can't think of anything I need more help with (well, maybe I can).

Blame it on the lies that killed us, blame it on the truth that ran us down.

Posted : 14/01/2004 9:27 pm
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Thanks to everyone for their interest. We're hoping this will be finished (and ready to ship!) sometime this spring. Keep your fingers crossed!

Peace

Posted : 15/01/2004 12:04 am
(@raz0r)

I'm definitely interested.

Posted : 18/01/2004 3:47 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'm intrested

Pet

Posted : 22/01/2004 10:21 am
(@rkwells)

Hi David,

I'll jump on this as well,  you might want to consider a section on the squeeze and release effect applied to the various rhythm patterns.

Also to sum the lessons all up once the student has become proficient in all the strumming and rhythm patterns and timing,  there should be a final exercise that accomadates all the rhythm patterns, running them consecutively non stop directly through all the timing changes.

This  is what music is all about right, combinations of rhythm and timing changes throughout song ect.

I believe this will be a true test if the student really understands the timing rhythm structures.

What do you think?        Best,  RK WELLS

"Always A Student"

Posted : 13/02/2004 10:17 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Definitely would like a CD.  I need all the help I can get!

Posted : 22/02/2004 4:15 am
 BobT
(@bobt)

I'll take one, count me in.

BT

Posted : 22/02/2004 4:31 am
Page 2 / 5