Clear all

Guitarnoise Slims Down

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

You may have noticed that the number of sub forums has decreased. In order to make navigation easier, and figuring out where to post things more obvious I've combined several "underperforming" forums into larger forums

Music Careers into Guitar Players.

Songwriting Club and Songwriting and Copyrights, the latter doesn't get used much and any info that should be a sticky can still be a sticky in Songwriting Club.

Live Sound and Amplification

Combined Gigs and Jams into News

"I'm looking for a new" into Opinions and Polls

Indie Music and Outta site

And removed seminars until it's needed again

Let me know what you think.

Posted : 31/01/2008 2:32 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Looks good Nick...

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 31/01/2008 9:37 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

No problems here.

Looking good!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/01/2008 1:53 pm
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

I thought we were all going on a diet. :lol:

Posted : 31/01/2008 2:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You may have noticed that the number of sub forums has decreased. In order to make navigation easier, and figuring out where to post things more obvious I've combined several "underperforming" forums into larger forums

Yeah, I noticed - took me a while to find where everything was, though! Please, Nick, a little advance warning next time?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 31/01/2008 4:33 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

The cutting of the sub-forums is a good step. But, I believe it would have been better not to club 'Gigs and Jams' into News. It looks too clumsy now in the 'News' section.

Further, 'I am looking for a new' was a great section for people to find out anything about a new instrument. Clubbing it in 'Opinions and Polls' will again make O & P full of 'new instrument' posts and more confusing.

So, IMO, you should bring those two forums back to their existence. Rest is a good job.

Rahul

Posted : 01/02/2008 4:23 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Maybe.....

Gigs and Jams is News I think. News doesn't get much else otherwise.

I'll seriously consider making a "I'm looking for a " again.

Posted : 01/02/2008 11:27 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Personally I dont care either way. It was nice the way it was, it's nice the way it is. :lol:

Posted : 01/02/2008 11:50 am
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Good idea. I'm all for streamlining the forums.

Perhaps the "Reviews of Instructional Material, CDs and Shows" could also be swallowed into "Opinions and Polls". The former doesn't get a lot of use and is basically people's opinions anyway.

The Freebies forum is pretty quiet and, at the risk of looking like a complete misogynist, is "The Other Side" that necessary? Not much going on in there either.

Just my thoughts.

Posted : 01/02/2008 8:27 pm
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Looks good to me :D

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 05/02/2008 12:50 am