Clear all

Happy Birthday Vic Lewis!

54 Posts
32 Users
0 Likes
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

belated birthday congrats, Vic!

unbelievable isn't it, how many years it's been already since you "died." this whole second life thing is amazing. :wink:

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 14/06/2009 1:37 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

:lol: That's funny! I had almost forgotten about Vic's "death"!! :lol:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/06/2009 2:48 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

huh? :?

man, I been away too long...

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 14/06/2009 3:52 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

huh? :?

man, I been away too long...

before your first appearance. evil prankster reported Vic's demise. a rather upsetting 48 hours.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 14/06/2009 4:05 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Yes, it happened a few years ago. Someone posted saying that they were Vic's daughter, Kayleigh, and that Vic had died (I forget from what). People on the forums started asking for his address to send flowers and condolence cards, we were actually mourning him when he finally got online and told us that he was indeed still alive!

And, we're sure glad he is! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/06/2009 4:47 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

There are some sick <insert superlative of choice> in this world.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 14/06/2009 5:15 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I had forgotten all about that too. Glad you're still with us Vic! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/06/2009 7:20 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Hi Vic,
Just saw this thread. A belated but sincere wish for a happy birthday!
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 15/06/2009 2:09 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Happy Birthday Vic! I'm not going to make any snide comments about age, since I know you're only a couple months older than I am!!! :lol:

Ah, but you look so much younger and prettier than me!

Thanks to everyone else for the best wishes - I was so hungover yesterday that wearing reading glasses didn't seem to help much....replaced 'em with shades, still couldn't see much but at least it was less painful!

Matt - your NEXT seven kids? Thought you were something of a mysogynist these days....

Anyway, live, dead, undead or brain-dead, I'm still around!

And seeing as I was "dead" then "reborn", does that mean yesterday was my fourth birthday? I've actually got a friend, a year older than I am, who's only had 13 birthdays*!

:D :D :D

Vic

*He was born on Feb 29th, 1956!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/06/2009 2:31 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Vic,
happy (belated) birthday :D :D :D (note to self: must get online more often). By the sound of that hangover it looks like you had a good one.
cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 15/06/2009 2:40 am
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Happy Belated Birthday, Vic! I have been on and off the board for the past few months. I had been declared temporarily insane (insanity from my kids) and even had my name changed (from kc_guitar_newbie) trying to get away from all of the (now seemingly) silly crap that I used to post.

Anyway, hope you had a good day!

Jim

Posted : 16/06/2009 3:12 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Matt - your NEXT seven kids? Thought you were something of a mysogynist these days....

Indeed I am. I'm having test tube kids from now on. I'll need your middle name so I have some different options. Lewie Vic, Victor Guitari, Lewis Lama and so on. LOL

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 16/06/2009 8:37 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hey Vic I was out of town
For your annual celebration of birth
But now I'm back . . .
back here on Earth

I guess it's too late
To wish it a good day
But I foiled a planned invasion
From the far side of the Milky Way

Piscopalia is the name of their planet
From whence come these evil aliens
So a late birthday gift from me to you
Is a world free of marauding Piscopalians

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 18/06/2009 1:51 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

But now I'm back . . .
back here on Earth

I guess it's too late
To wish it a good day

Thanks for the wishes, Ken - good to know the world's safe, at least for the next few weeks. And you've also answered the burning question some people have been asking for a while - "jeez, what planet's KR2 on?"........

Just joking mate!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/06/2009 10:03 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

But now I'm back . . .
back here on Earth

I guess it's too late
To wish it a good day

"Piscopalians". Haha.
So is the online version of these aliens called E-Piscopalians? :lol:

Anyway,
I'm still around, Vic. Been browsing more than posting lately since I am so busy and have not had much guitar time or learned enough to really contribute anything around here. It's summer again though, so at least I don't have any uni classes for a few months. The family is doing great. My daughter is nearly 2 now and talking like crazy. I have to watch what I say or she will pick it up and then use it in perfect context. :oops:

I am currently doing a little guitar experiment that I may post about later on. Since I have not come very far anyway, I bought a cheap left handed guitar and am trying the switch over to see if I do better. I originally wanted to simplify things and just play right handed but it has always felt unnatural and I found strumming to be particularly awkward. So we'll see how that goes. If it works, I may be able to have the tele converted. Otherwise I will have to find a good home for it.
Glad you had a good birthday!

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 19/06/2009 6:06 pm
Page 3 / 4