"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 16/08/2008 3:40 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Happy WS !

Posted : 16/08/2008 4:48 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wonder what happened to the baby that was born there? You know, the one John Sebastian went all gooey over? "Man, is he gonna be one far-out kid!"

Bet he's a chartered accountant, with a Cadillac with a Dead-head sticker on it......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/08/2008 7:35 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Bet he's a chartered accountant, with a Cadillac with a Dead-head sticker on it......

Vic

:shock:

Posted : 16/08/2008 9:04 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Wonder what happened to the baby that was born there? You know, the one John Sebastian went all gooey over? "Man, is he gonna be one far-out kid!"

Vic
Don't look back. You can never look back...

He is probably a fan of that song and other 80's music, like myself. Feels weird to me to be about the same age as Woodstock.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 16/08/2008 5:38 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Rahul, apologies if it looks like I was having a sly dig at accountants - it wasn't meant to read like that. In my own way, I was trying to contrast the anti-materialistic Woodstock Generation with the 38-year-old man that baby'll be now, and I couldn't think of a bigger contrast than the hippies of that era and Chartered Accountants. UCG gets 5 street cred bonus points for getting the Don Henley reference....it's a better comparison than mine, but the same point I was trying to make. Dead-heads are Grateful Dead fans, most of whom (back in the day) were hippies who didn't want or need material luxuries, so a "Dead-head sticker on a cadillac" is kind of an oxymoron.

What you need, my friend, is a crash course in the classics - you didn't get (5 street cred bonus points to KenRogers2 here)the Firefox reference, you didn't recognise the "Boys Of Summer" quote.....you need to get your head out of the Accountancy books once in a while, burn the Bee Gees CDs and get into some rock'n'roll. Green Day's a start, the Ramones are better, but there's a world of good rock'n'roll out there!

I am, of course, joking about the Accountancy books.....and I do wish you every success in your chosen career. Pretty cool, if you think about it - a rockin' Chartered Accountant. Not too many of those about! I am not, however, joking about the Bee Gees CDs!!!! Unless they're pre-Saturday Night Fever era Bee Gees CDs......hmm, wonder how that chord progression would sound? B - G - C - D.........hmm, not bad, actually. See - you can find inspiration in the unlikeliest places!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/08/2008 9:28 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Woodstock rockin' accountants? Lemme through one at you: Bobby Rasero. Great six stringer...started his accountancy with Atlantic Records. Made sure everyone paid...so the artists could!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 17/08/2008 6:06 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

Quote from UrbanCowgirl:"Feels weird to me to be about the same age as Woodstock."

cough:hottie:cough

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 17/08/2008 10:55 am
(@paulhackett)
Prominent Member Admin

Pretty cool, if you think about it - a rockin' Chartered Accountant. Not too many of those about!

I used to know a rockin' accountant. He even took his guitar to work so he could give lessons at the end of the day. Where is he now? He has gone on to do some pretty great things.

Guitar Noises Newsletter

Posted : 17/08/2008 12:27 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

sorry - didn't need that again

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 17/08/2008 12:44 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Quote from UrbanCowgirl:"Feels weird to me to be about the same age as Woodstock."

cough:hottie:cough

(Dogbite on the parkbench: hey telecutie, wanna see my lapsteel collection? :lol: )

On Topic: Anyone go to WS or any of the many "anniversaries"?

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 17/08/2008 12:45 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
Page 1 / 2