Notifications
Clear all

Happy Woodstock, Everybody!

17 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I was only 4 at the time, but I do remember those days and the "counter-culter" very well. My father was very anti-hippie, but all of his and mom's siblings embraced some/all of that scene. That didn't stop him from going to the shows to see the girls go au-naturale though. :lol: :lol:

Love that Woodstock movie. Some of the scenes just totally bring me back in time. I learned to ride motorcycle in the farm fields 90 minutes north of there. I'm choking up. :cry: :cry:

Speaking of farms, imagine the poor farmer next door having to get up and milk the cows at 5:00am with Pete Townshend smashing guitars over the loud speakers? Think the girls were a little jumpy?

:D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/08/2008 11:14 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I was in Mamaroneck High School...class of '69. Most years the seniors went to Jones Beach after the prom. We heard of this "hippy festival" just a little way upstate...so that's where we ended up.

(Only time I ever saw a hash pipe glow in the dark!)

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 18/08/2008 6:45 am
Page 2 / 2