34 Users
0 Likes
25.8 K Views
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Has anyone heard from Barnabus Rock?

Just kidding. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't help it.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 08/01/2007 6:25 pm
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

How about Lotto King?

I knew he had some health problems some time ago, but I thought he was doing better.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

Posted : 08/01/2007 7:05 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Been wondering about mikespe.

I was wondering the exact same thing the other day. Did a search for one of his threads but it appears all his posts have gone. :shock:

Spooky.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 08/01/2007 7:29 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

I was wondering the exact same thing the other day. Did a search for one of his threads but it appears all his posts have gone. :shock:

Spooky.

8)

hmmm that explains it then eh?
only one way that would have happened

#4491....

Posted : 08/01/2007 7:47 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Spooky.

8)

hmmm that explains it then eh?
only one way that would have happened

It's too bad really, I enjoyed mikespe. Too bad people feel the need to leave, espically for good.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 09/01/2007 12:45 am
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I've noticed Izabella and Taso haven't been around since Christmas or so, probably just been busy with the holidays and all.

Paul Donnelly has been gone for 8 months or so, doubt he's coming back. Anyway know what happened there?

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 09/01/2007 12:54 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Taso I do believe has a lot of school stuff going on. Izzy I don't remember, but I seem to remember something came up that was occupying his time.

Paul I haven't seen much of either.

Mikespe and guitarnoise parted ways, probably for the best.

I don't want to be specific, but you all can't see all of the behind the scenes stuff, the editing, removing, pruning of posts, deletion of personal attacks on other members, the nasty or threatening emails or PMs to mods, the friendly warnings, the more serious warnings, the "take some time off to cool down" warnings, the this is your last warning warnings, the no, really this is your last warning warning, the I know I said it last time but this time I'm serious warnings. Once you take all of that into account, you might realize sometimes you are only seeing 50% of someone's posts and personality. Thankfully this almost never happens. I'd estimate we edit less than 1/10 of 1% of all posts. When it does happen though, sheesh, it's enough to make you want to ban any topic having to do with Nirvana and then take off a month or two.

However, I guarantee you if you ask any of the other mods they will roll their eyes and let you know how much time and effort we expend trying to keep things in order without the disappearance of any of our members. Also we are very democratic about any decision we make here. I'll always do what's best for the forum, but if any of the moderators, me included seem to be at odds with a member the other mods will make the decision on the best course of action to take. It's true, as much as it pains me "The Iron Fist, Supreme Forum Ruler of Guitarnoise" to admit it, we vote.

Anyway, we've only ever gotten that far with 4 out of 13,100 users. And that's over a span of 5 years. Somebody calculate a percentage for me. And by the way, we only remove the accounts or old posts at the members request.

It's just the ebb and flow, the ying and yang, the.....oh you get the point.

Posted : 09/01/2007 1:30 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Understood, oh fearless iron fisted one.
as has been said and will undoubtfully be said thrice and again, you mods make GN the best of the web.

#4491....

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:21 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Oh, I've got a bunch of those for you. We have a post in the "super secret moderators lounge and snackbar" with the names of spammers found by the mods so I can go in and delete them. Pages and pages of it. Thanks for the list though, they are all gone. Funny while it lasted though. We get about 2-3 new spammers a day, with 10 or so bot accounts joining that are foiled by the character recognition.

...and thanks Twisted. I wasn't really fishing, but I did want to let you know that I'm not always arbitrary and capricious.

Posted : 09/01/2007 2:56 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

"The Iron Fist, Supreme Forum Ruler of Guitarnoise"
When that going to replace 'Adminsitrator'? Soon I hope :)

Oh, and 0.03%. I know, I'm a nerd :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 09/01/2007 8:32 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Understood, oh fearless iron fisted one.
as has been said and will undoubtfully be said thrice and again, you mods make GN the best of the web.

:lol:

Iron seems to be the happening metal.

Overall i think the best policy is to play guitar.That's what we are made for !

Posted : 09/01/2007 12:02 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Overall i think the best policy is to play guitar.That's what we are made for !

Rahul, sometimes I think maybe we should play with our hands and our tongues so that we cant use either to bash each other. :D

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 09/01/2007 12:22 pm
(@clockworked)
Reputable Member

A likely story young man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh no, I have been caught in my own web of lies! Oh, what have I done?! :lol:

Used to be, was a part of me felt like hiding.. but now it comes through. Comes through to you.

Posted : 09/01/2007 7:22 pm
Page 7 / 7