Help Needed!

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey Dave, Nick, Musen, Alan, Paul, Tucker,

The company owner fired me Friday and my family needs me to provide income!  We would welcome input on the ideas for guitar alternative  (GA).  It's for "those not quite ready, but want to play something"  GA is located in the Swap category.

Another idea is to provide fresh juice.  Citrus, vegetables.  Vegetable is an excellent choice for Diabetes Mellitus.  My own energy has increased quite a bit and I'm walking 4 - 10 miles per day.   Juice, it's really the only energy drink to choose!

Take care and enjoy the day!  Hope to hear from y'all soon!

Stephen W. Hess

How come you fret the guitar upside down?
I just want to play all day

Posted : 17/02/2004 9:30 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Can you give us more info on what it is like?

Is it like the PraxAx?

Posted : 17/02/2004 10:11 pm
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Nick,

Am going to the search mode to find PraxAx and will post a reply to your question!

Steve

Posted : 17/02/2004 10:21 pm
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Nick,

PraxAx appears to be a really good application for serious practicing of strumming.  What I'm proposing is an alternative to purchasing a $300 guitar for a beginner who desperately wants to have their first guitar.  

GA or String4Fun or... looks like, is shaped like and is kinda a 2 dimensional guitar,  has the look and feel, but not the sound.  A "newbie" can practice with their more advanced friends without disturbing their sound or just playing "air guitar" with them.  Learning fretting and notes are the main concepts behind a educational version.  The strings would only be on the fretboard.  A fun version wouldn't have to have strings.  Listening to music and practicing along would be possible, whereas with a "3 dimensional" or regular guitar, it's difficult to practice quietly.

So what I'm saying is there could be 2 models, one for kids and one for more serious musicians, those who know they love music, but just don't have the Cash yet for the real thing.  We all know how difficult it is for musicians to stay motivated and Strings4Fun could fill the gap between "Air" and "Real" for them.  

Someone else here in Houston needs help.   It's been reported that a local musician/ composer lost his 28 y/o daughter 13 months ago and he is still mourning and unable to get a routine going again.  I don't remember the details, but being a parent myself and with an ear for music, I can still feel for him.  Check http://www.chron.com for more info until I can retrieve the details.

Check the Swap area for my Q&As on this idea.

I am very open to suggestions on this and am eager to get started on something soon  Let me know!

Stephen W. Hess

Posted : 17/02/2004 10:48 pm
(@storymwstring)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok, did search through chron.com and am unable to find out the details on the musician.  Here's what i remember:  Acoustic, Montgomery County (which is just north of Harris County), fatal head-on collision involving his only daughter on US59, his club is in the Montrose area of Houston (Harris County), witnesses say 2 very youthful-appearing males, one wearing dragon artwork on his clothing, moved traffic cones and probably caused the head-on.  Teens, read this and learn!

Anyhow I found the entire story very disturbing and I really don't wish to start a practice of posting less than cheerful news here, but I need to share this with you fellow musicians as one of our own is down and needs our help.  

Paul, you are doing wonderful on this site!

Got to go pick up the 6-stringer for now!

Steve

Posted : 17/02/2004 11:09 pm