Clear all

Help out a friend

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

A good friend of mine is a struggling filmmaker and has a short film in an online contest right now. I am in the movie (as "the Husband") and I also did some of the music. We would appreciate your votes!

Here is a direct link http://www.chillertv.com/D2D2/Videos/?uv=282534 In case it doesn't work, you can go to http://www.chillertv.com/D2D2/Videos/ and the film is called "The Victim" directed by Chuck Angell.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/09/2008 1:26 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am sure Paul could provide some help to your friend.

Good luck with the contest !

Posted : 14/09/2008 3:53 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

A very clever story, nice twist!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 15/09/2008 6:43 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Nice axe! Is it a Gibson? :lol:
I Voted. Was not able to listen to the movie but will do when I get home. Interested to see what you came up with for the soundtrack. I'm sure it will be great!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 15/09/2008 1:57 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The music isn't exactly what I wanted, I had done a few generic "scary" tracks before the movie was made to give my friend ideas. After he edited, I was working on composing the soundtrack to fit the action exactly, but because he had to get it submitted to the contest, we didn't have time so he used some of the generic stuff.

Posted : 15/09/2008 2:07 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Don't know what happened to my earlier post, but I gave it a thumb up. Pretty clever!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 16/09/2008 2:29 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Enjoyed it - the music fits fine. Just think, when Chuck's famous, you can say, "Yes, and I was his first victim!"

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/09/2008 10:59 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Enjoyed it - the music fits fine. Just think, when Chuck's famous, you can say, "Yes, and I was his first victim!"

Vic

There's been lots of other victims in his other movies. I have been killed twice in his movies, both times by the same woman! :D I think she has something against me.

Posted : 16/09/2008 11:03 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think she has something against me.
Yeah, I think it's an axe.

Posted : 17/09/2008 12:38 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I think she has something against me.
Yeah, I think it's an axe.

Is that what you call cutting wit?

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/09/2008 12:58 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

An axe is pretty good for cutting wit.

Posted : 17/09/2008 1:05 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I watched it again, this time I was able to listen to the music. Good stuff Jeff. It fit just right. The woman playing the victim has an evil smile. (near the end when she hears the car approaching).

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 17/09/2008 1:55 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Cool vid. I voted. :)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 24/09/2008 1:17 pm