Clear all

Hey from the hospital

28 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Lol I am sick yet again, I have Pancreatitis now, haven't eaten in like 2 days, and have a tube down my throat, hurts like hell, but I'm not in serious danger anymore, man I wanna play guitar :(.

My fingers are numb cause its so cold here, hmm do you think when I get back to the guitar I'll be any slower or something?

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 16/12/2009 11:38 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

WOW. Very sorry to hear you are in the hospital.

I hope you get out soon.

I wouldn't worry about the guitar playing. You will probably have a fresher outlook towards it anyway so you'll jump right on and wail away.

Take care!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 16/12/2009 11:41 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Get well soon! 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 17/12/2009 2:26 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I hope you feel better soon!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 17/12/2009 3:29 am
(@redbeard)
Trusted Member

Best of luck to you, maybe you can write a Hospital blues song while you're in there.

"I just curse the sun so I can howl at the moon" ~QOTSA

Posted : 17/12/2009 3:49 am
(@melody)
Eminent Member

Sometimes I notice that great things happen with my playing after a short break. Not sure why that happens but hopefully you'll find this to be true as well.

You could always read theory books or something while you're in there. :wink:

Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Mel

Posted : 17/12/2009 9:00 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hope you're up and feeling better soon.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 17/12/2009 11:02 am
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Hang in there and don't try to do too much too soon. Once you're out, continue to get some rest and let your body heal. Man, does it show that I'm old enough to be your grandmother? Seriously, take care of yourself. I found after being without a guitar for over two weeks while traveling, I did get better. Guess I was more relaxed.

Renee

Posted : 17/12/2009 4:21 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Wow that sux, hope you feel better soon don't worry you'll be playing that funky music in no time :D

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 17/12/2009 5:35 pm
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hang in there and don't try to do too much too soon. Once you're out, continue to get some rest and let your body heal. Man, does it show that I'm old enough to be your grandmother? Seriously, take care of yourself. I found after being without a guitar for over two weeks while traveling, I did get better. Guess I was more relaxed.

Haha that is exactly what my teacher said when I called him.

I will be here for atleast 2 more days depending on when they take off the tube thing, if its tommorrow then I leave this area and go to the less serious area of the hospital where they will make sure I can eat without puking and then let me out. I have this friend who has connections in the hospital and he told me he would bring me a guitar; I hope he does.

My right hand is covered in tape and has a needle in it, my left hand has a finger covered in tape and will soon have a needle in it ( to feed me ), but I think I can play.

The finger I'm missing on my left hand is the number 2 finger but maybe I could play around with an open tuning.

I could do barred minor chords ( 6th string ) and dominant chords on the 5th string , and I guess barred sus 2s.

And make up melodies, can't play the major scale normally or the minor scale, could play the minor pentatonic since it doesn't use the 2 finger :roll: I'm limited xD

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 17/12/2009 9:21 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Tune into Open E. Low to high, EBEG#BE. Major chord on every fret with a simple barre.

Turn that G# down to G and you've got the "Cross Tuning" (E minor) used by Skip James.

Posted : 17/12/2009 10:21 pm
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

oh well nvm now i cant move my left arm... damn serum thing :(

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 18/12/2009 12:39 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You may have to just play the iPod for a while.

Posted : 18/12/2009 2:24 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm in awe of your dedication! Hope you get well soon and get back to those guitars, though with the luck you're having lately, you'll probably....

1 - pick up a guitar by the neck and cut your finger on the strings....

2 - drop the guitar on your foot, breaking metatarsals....

3 - take sharp intake of breath, causing you to swallow plec you've been holding between teeth....

4 - bend down in pain, causing guitar headstock to break nose....

5 - back to hospital.....

Prepare for the worst, I always say....then if/when it doesn't happen, smile and tell yourself you're having a good day!

Fingers crossed for you!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/12/2009 2:37 am
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

lol my left arm got infiltrated by some serum, its HUGE its like those sand weights around my left arm can barely lift it up.

oh well

im tired, i think they are gonna put the serum in my foot now O_O. Atleast all the nurses are nice, and one is kinda cute :O, ehh too old for me :roll:.

EDIT:

Ohhh news news, the cute one is getting married next year and she's asking if my batukada can play at her wedding next year :D

I gave her my teacher's phone number, I hope it'll work out

EDIT: Lol well they just pinched my jugular ( stabbed O_O) to run the Food Serum through it. That was fun, there were like 4 nurses in the room, I get along great with them. I was joking around and the stabber was laughing when she stabbed my jugular o.o. Oh well didn't hurt, and even though it IS my jugular vein I'm pretty chill.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

Posted : 18/12/2009 1:39 pm
Page 1 / 2