12 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Vic ..

I decided to clean my hard drive up and guess who didn't back anything up ?

Now every song I had wrote , was writting , email addresses , my very first attempt at strumming a guitar gone ...

So if we shared emails could you email me again please so I can get your email address ..

17 th September I was suppose to post some playing the guys who were expecting me to email them and PM them with what I did , sorry I lost it ...

I was 44 on the 17th and spent the day in bed very sick , nice present hey ...

Cheers
Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 21/09/2007 1:32 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Don't try to re-capture what you had in the past. Take this as an opportunity to move onto other things. Come up with something new on the guitar. What's gone is gone, you can only move forward.

My 2 cents/pence

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 21/09/2007 2:05 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

When you said you'd "done a Vic," I figured you now had fewer fingers to play with. :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 21/09/2007 2:26 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

glad to hear you didn't lop off your johnson or something.
check your PMs

#4491....

Posted : 21/09/2007 2:54 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

glad to hear you didn't lop off your johnson or something.
check your PMs

???????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted : 21/09/2007 3:20 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I lost my early recordings as well ........ yup ... lost the cassettes. :lol: Hang in there Trev, time to move on I suppose.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 21/09/2007 4:46 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm not real happy listening to my early stuff. Too much wrong with it. I do like to do it, though, because I played some cool stuff that I've forgotten. Need reminding now and then. I've lost a good bit of mine forever. Have some stashed away in dark corners of the Web that I need to run down.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 21/09/2007 5:49 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

I lost my early recordings as well ........ yup ... lost the cassettes. :lol: Hang in there Trev, time to move on I suppose.
I lost some 8 track recorings :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 21/09/2007 8:42 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi Trev,

What a pain. Good job you've got plenty more playing ahead of you. Onwards and upwards.

We constantly lose things around here. Especially, whatever were thinking about 30 seconds ago...

"Of all the things I've lost - I miss my mind the most...."

Not sure who said that, but it rings a bell round this household... :wink: As I type, my wife is currently driving all the way back to the city - an hour's trip one way - having lost her wallet yesterday. It was not a cheery evening last night, as you can imagine. She endlessly ran through the possibilities of where she might have left or lost it, whilst I 'helped' by making the wrong suggestion at regular intervals... At 7a.m. this morning she rang the lunch bar/cafe where she'd bought some lunch - and praise be! - the owner had found it and put it aside. Phew....

Mostly I lose things now by having too much stuff to wade through - piles of paper, thousands of files on the computer, drawers full of crap of every description, etc. Whatever I'm looking for is still there somewhere - but it might as well not be...

So the idea of "Doing a Trevor" and wiping the hard drive and burning all the scraps of paper sounds quite appealing! I'll just make a note to do that... and add it to the pile... :roll:

Cheers,

Chris
PS I've got 2 or 3 of your songs, but I expect they're on your Soundclick site anyway.

Posted : 22/09/2007 12:13 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Like many others I thought you really "Did A Vic" and severed a limb or
something so losing your files isn't all that bad.

Sorry you were sick for your Birthday.

I know how much work you put into having a performance ready and to
have to miss that really sucks with a capital S. Oh well,now you have a
whole year to practice for the next one.

Take Care

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 22/09/2007 3:00 pm
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Sorry to hear about that mate, here's hoping things are looking up for ya :)

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

Posted : 22/09/2007 5:59 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Man, you had me worried there for a minute, Trev - I was wondering what you'd broken this time, or mangled, or cut....

As my daughter said to me a couple of weeks ago, "Computer's aren't foolproof - let a fool near them who doesn't know what he's doing, and they're just expensive paperweights....give me a ring if you're not sure what you're doing. PLEASE - give me a ring if it's more complicated than point and click."

I'm being very careful with this new computer - still getting used to Vista, not sure I like it....but like I said to her, "If I'd known it was going to go "BANG" I'd have phoned you five mins before it did....."

Ah well mate, it's always sad to lose part of your past - but look to the future instead. I see a bright new star rising in the Southern Cross....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/09/2007 10:34 pm