Notifications
Clear all

I had a car accident

26 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

There are little practice freta devicex that some have used as training. It's like a neck and 5 frets and you just use it to practice chord changes queietly.

When do you find out if tiy have to have surgery or not?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/11/2010 6:58 am
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I'll find out today actually. It's 5 am here but I can't sleep. I wanna know! I'll post when I find out. Though I may go to bed after my appointment.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 30/11/2010 9:06 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Must be something with passing fronts. I've gotten about 3 hours all night. It's gotta be doubly tough waiting on news like you are. Keep us posted, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 30/11/2010 9:33 am
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Well no surgery but my leg still isn't completely healed so I'm stuck in a cast for a few more weeks. I also have to get an MRI to make sure I didn't damage my brain when I hit my head. Right now my head hurts more than anything and I'm limited on what I can take for it.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

Posted : 30/11/2010 9:59 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Well no surgery but my leg still isn't completely healed so I'm stuck in a cast for a few more weeks. I also have to get an MRI to make sure I didn't damage my brain when I hit my head. Right now my head hurts more than anything and I'm limited on what I can take for it.

That's gotta be the worst! Not being able to take anything, ouch.....but don't worry about brain damage, you're a guitar player, we all have brain damage ;)

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 01/12/2010 1:59 am
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Still waiting to get an MRI but the neurologist says at the least I have a concussion. Between that and the pregnancy I feel nausiated pretty much all the time.

Musically, I've been composing some instrumental tracks and practicing my singing. Would like to try some broadway. There is a local group that does Rocky Horror around Halloween and I'm so auditioning. Just hope my pipes and dancing will be up for it by then.

Posted : 12/12/2010 2:21 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Head injury & nauseau. Not a pleaseant combo. 'specially when it wakes you up. I go through three packs of 5 (brand name) Sugarfree gum a week. My wife did the pregnancy & nauseau thing years and years ago. Chased it down with about 15 trips to Taco Bell a week. :lol:

The gum thing does work for me, btw.

Keep us posted. Good luck on the singing. I can't imagine doing it with a concussion. Composing would be hard, too. that whole thinking thing with a head injury can get difficult. Sheeesh. Um, well, so much for any effort from me to bring good cheer. I do mean well, though. :oops:

Roy

Posted : 12/12/2010 3:14 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Sheeesh. Um, well, so much for any effort from me to bring good cheer. I do mean well, though. :oops:

Debbie? Debbie Downer, is that YOU? :lol: ROFLMAO,PMP

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 12/12/2010 3:34 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

I hope things get better for you soon, GS!

Please continue to keep us posted as you have been.

Jim

Posted : 12/12/2010 3:37 pm
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Head injury & nauseau. Not a pleaseant combo. 'specially when it wakes you up. I go through three packs of 5 (brand name) Sugarfree gum a week. My wife did the pregnancy & nauseau thing years and years ago. Chased it down with about 15 trips to Taco Bell a week. :lol:

The gum thing does work for me, btw.

Keep us posted. Good luck on the singing. I can't imagine doing it with a concussion. Composing would be hard, too. that whole thinking thing with a head injury can get difficult. Sheeesh. Um, well, so much for any effort from me to bring good cheer. I do mean well, though. :oops:

Singing with a head injury wouldn't be hard. I never really put too much thought into singing but always manage to get the pitch right. Even my teacher says so. Guess singing just kinda comes natural for me. Plus doing the Time Warp isn't hard. It's just a jump to the left and a slide to the right. With your hands on your hips, bring your knees in tight. But it's the pelvic thrust that drives you insane.

Posted : 13/12/2010 3:39 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Very sad to hear the news Grunge (formerly OWA ;))

If you need to keep those callouses on, try playing an ukulele. Its really small and you will have lot of fun with it.

Get well soon!

Posted : 13/12/2010 6:40 am
Page 2 / 2